Help! - SSBB won't load past stage select.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Andarel, Sep 25, 2009.

Sep 25, 2009
  1. Andarel
    OP

Newcomer Andarel Member

United States
    So, all of the sudden my Brawl won't load past stage select - it makes an awful noise and everything freezes up.

Here are what my tests have shown:
    - I was using BootMii when this problem first happened. I tested with Brawl+ codes active (loaded through GeckoOS), no luck. Same applies for Brawl with no codes active.
    - No luck continues - I attempted to load the game off of a USB drive, using USB Loader. It loads fine...until stage select. Whether B+ is active or not.
    - Just to top things off, I tested with another game - Mario Kart DS and Elebits both run absolutely fine, no problems in any way shape or form.
    - I also tried uninstalling BootMii. No luck, still froze on stage select.

Any ideas on what I can do to better diagnose/fix the problem?

Thank you very much,
    Andarel

[If this is in the wrong place, which it may well be, please move it somewhere better; and apologies.]

2. damysteryman

Member damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Antarctica
    Ouch!

This happened to ma a while back. Your save file seems corrupted. AFAIK it is caused by ocarina codes, and if you saves while codes are active. That's what caused mine to do this. The only solution I know of is to backup this save somehow (e.g. using preloader "Copy NoCopy Saves" hack), just incase someone can fix it, and start a new file.

That's what I did anyway.

3. Andarel
    OP

Newcomer Andarel Member

United States
    Very possible, actually, since I just realized I've occasionally been losing names people have been entering.

I will download a new save and overwrite. I could care less about match stats and the like.

Testing in progress. Thanks muchly.

4. Andarel
    OP

Newcomer Andarel Member

United States
    It may have helped a little but, unfortunately, I still get freezes after about 5 seconds on the Stage Select.

Tested with completely new save files and AR MAX 100% save files, on both original disc and .iso...

(Apologies for double post, but that's the only way to mark a new post, unfortunately.)

EDIT:

With a small collaborative effort, all corrupted files have been identified and eliminated. It was a SD card stage issue.

Thanks for your help.

This thread can be closed now =