ROM Hack [HELP] SNES VC Decrypting doesn't work

RahFah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Using the existem cia of Chrono Trigger and Link to the Past, I managed to inject the translated roms (portuguese translation):

MOnqkzdl.jpg

0HnZPmml.jpg

For the Link to the Past I used Raugo's tool.
But for the Chrono Trigger, I needed to copy/paste the hex code from the translated rom to the data.bin. With the tool, the game wont boot, but I think that is rom's problem.

Really? That is strange the program has nothing weird
I use Bitdefender Total Security 2016. It doesn't like my own programs, made in Visual Studio 2015, lol.
BTW, thanks again for the tool!

HeroPrinny

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How would I edit the text and logo of both the banner and that to rename it and give it a better logo?

Just to edit the stuff so I can name it "Final Fantasy VI" and not Super Mario World.

Last edited by HeroPrinny,

Heimdallr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone asked about the Chrono Trigger retranslation, so I tried my hand at it using Raugo's tool. It loads, but it black screens at the beginning, right before it's supposed to fade into Crono's room. I'm not sure if I did something wrong there or if the romhack is (understandably) not compatible.

HeroPrinny

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Heres how I got Final Fantasy VI to run.

I got the rom that has the GBA translation patched in (You can find this with google easily)
I used the tool and set it as HiRom and 32 MegaBits
Then saved and repackaged everything into a cia.

Game runs well no problems at all.

Reactions: Azel

kodoku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kwwteLh.png

I got the Breath of Fire 2 retranslation going. My only problem is that my new CIA has the same identity as the one I used as a base. I'm brand new to editing 3DS stuff in general -- what do I change so that my new CIA has its own ID and can coexist with the one I edited to make it?

loco365

Trophies
XP
One ROM that I was trying to test was the SNES Burn-In Test Cartridge Revision D. I can't get it to boot whatsoever. I'm curious to see how many tests it can pass/fail.

Reactions: ubergeek77

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One ROM that I was trying to test was the SNES Burn-In Test Cartridge Revision D. I can't get it to boot whatsoever. I'm curious to see how many tests it can pass/fail.
haha lol maybe it tests all the hardware so thats why t coesnt work.

since everyone is making DKC and i said i would anyway, busy making my own with the 1.1 EU version which is the most up to date one and fixes + adds all the stuff that was in the 1.1 and 1.2 usa versions.
Too bad Banner Sounds can only be 3 seconds long max adding the main theme midi too it is a squeeze

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone asked about the Chrono Trigger retranslation, so I tried my hand at it using Raugo's tool. It loads, but it black screens at the beginning, right before it's supposed to fade into Crono's room. I'm not sure if I did something wrong there or if the romhack is (understandably) not compatible.

That's a little further than I got, but at least it loads. I think the same exact thing happens when you try to run Retranslation on blargSNES.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guillotine