[Help] rxTools, SysNAND AND EmuNAND

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by JorgeWins, Jan 29, 2016.

1. JorgeWins
    OP

JorgeWins Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2014
    Brazil
    Uberlândia
    What's up guys! I have a little problem: I installed it on my O3DS XL 9.2 the rxTools. Yesterday saw a post here the constant updates of CFW and went update ... Now my EmuNAND not start, even with other cfw (I tested, besides the older version of rxTools 3.0, ReiNAND) ... What could have happened? Does my SysNAND has been corrupted? I have the backup of EmuNAND and tried, for several times, reinstall it on my SD card. Thank you and sorry for the bad engooglish.

Last edited by JorgeWins, Jan 29, 2016
  2. loolee

loolee Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2016
    Antigua and Barbuda
    When upgrading a CFW, you should first delete all the old files and then copy the new ones to the sdcard.
    So first of all, delete every file related to rxtools on your 3ds sdcard. Or backup them on your computer if it make you feel safer :)

Then, go to http://lavanoid.github.io/, download the latest rx-tools release.
    Go to https://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7/ and download the installer for your platform.

-Install python 2.7
    -Extract the rxtool zip file, you will get a "release" folder.
    -Go to "release/tools/" and right click on cdn_firm.py file, choose "edit with IDLE" and hit F5. close the windows once it says "Downloaded!".
    -It will download the needed firmware and you will get a "firm" folder in the "release/tools" folder.
    -Move the "firm" folder to release/rxtools.
    -Rename release/rxtools/firm/0004013800000002.bin into 0004013820000002.bin
    -Copy the "rxtools" folder to your sdcard

rxtools should now work.

If not, can you provide more information about your setup, like if you use emunand, if you use boot loader or CFW... What was the boot process when it was working?

Last edited by loolee, Jan 29, 2016
    ImInsane likes this.
  3. JorgeWins
    OP

JorgeWins Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2014
    Brazil
    Uberlândia
    I'll do it today when I get home. I used the EmuNAND in version 10.5. A few days ago, I had backed up my EmuNAND in version 10.3, I think ... Why have found that EmuNAND had bricked, I used the backup and "restored" my EmuNAND ... I lost my saves? I use ctrBoot and MenuHax to start the CFW.