Help running VC/WiiWare games from CFG loader MOD.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by sideskroll, Feb 28, 2015.

1. sideskroll
    OP

sideskroll GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 25, 2010
    Peru
    In YOUR house.
    Hi guys.
    Could somebody help me setting this up?
    As the title says, I want to run VC and WiiWare from within CFG, you know. For the nice artwork and ease of use and integration.(if possible. if not, from neek2o. Whichever is better) instead of having to install the wads to the nand.
    I'm using a Wii U. And I'd rather not install anything not ABSOLUTELY necessary to its nand.
    Thanks.

Even a link to a tutorial would help.

2. sideskroll
    OP

Aug 25, 2010
    Peru
    In YOUR house.
    *BUMP*
    64 views and no help whatsoever?
    Please? I try to help whenever I can. And *usually* users of this site are pretty good at trying to help one another (including myself)
    So, what's the deal? No one knows or is everyone "too busy" with Nintendon't to try and give a fellow Gbatemper a hand?

3. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    Generally when people don't respond it means they don't know.

4. Heran Bago

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    sideskroll likes this.
  5. sideskroll
    OP

Aug 25, 2010
    Peru
    In YOUR house.
    Thanks for trying.
    But I'm asking for a way to launch WiiWare/Vc from within CFG. Don't want to install anything to the NAND.
    Like neek2o for instance.
    From an emunand, not real nand.

6. Heran Bago

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    I don't think you can run WADs. They are install packages.

Can neek2o really run WAD files without having to first install them to an emulated NAND? :O

7. sideskroll
    OP

Aug 25, 2010
    Peru
    In YOUR house.
    Of cours. from an emunand... EMULATED nand...
    In fact, there are games like Tintin (for Wii) that are ONLY playable from neek2o.
    you just have to install the wad to the emunand.
    I had the setup working back when I had a Wii, but now I can't find any tutorials or tips or anything for vWii.

8. Heran Bago

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    I asked if you you can play the WADs without installing them to an emunand.

You said "of course" and then said that you have to install the WAD to the emunand. Which is it?

9. sideskroll
    OP

Aug 25, 2010
    Peru
    In YOUR house.
    Sorry, I didn't read your post correctly.
    Yeah, obviously I have to install it to an emunand.
    Anyway, While I do appreciate your help, I don't see how it could help me. First of all the app is for Wii, not vWii. (And even though I admit I'm not sure about this, I THINK wii and vWii apps don't always work the same on both systems.)
    Furthermore, let's say the wad2iso app does work. It still doesn't tell me how to make a nand dump of my wiiu or how to "properly" install wads to it (besides showmiiwads, cause I remember some wads not working if installed with it)

10. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Create an EmuNAND within CFG (or if CFG doesn't work that way, compile your own vSNEEK) and use ShowMeWADS for Windows to install .wads

sideskroll likes this.
  11. sideskroll
    OP

Aug 25, 2010
    Peru
    In YOUR house.
    I didn't know there was an option to create an emunand from CFG.
    Could you tell me where and/or how to do it?

12. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I don't use CFG, so I don't know :P I just know that it's EmuNAND ready lol

13. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 23, 2013
    sideskroll likes this.
  14. sideskroll
    OP

Aug 25, 2010
    Peru
    In YOUR house.
    Already did (dumped nand with GX) it doesn't work with CFG though... It gives me a DSI exception EVERY time.
    I think I once saw or heard a way of loading problematic wiiware (Like Castlevania rebirth) from within the loader by using some sort of plugin or something? It would be REALLY great to have at least 99% compatibility all across from within the same loader (be it GX or CFG)
    I can't find anything about that plugin or whatever it was though... If anyone knows something could you share?
    thanks-

15. Garbage man

Garbage man Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2012
    Canada
    I guess that a vWii compatible neek2o version with a neek2o plugin would be needed. Did you tried the Mighty plugin?

16. Link'sSpiritualAwakening

Link'sSpiritualAwakening Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2015
    United States
    Instead of messing with sNeek Neek Uneeks or whatever it is just use Wiiflow and create an emunand (for some reason you need to have next to nothing but wiiflow on SD to make it). One thing to note that for it to work properly you need the d2x installed that supports emunandy stuff. I thinking its called alt 53 or something. The only annoying part I guess is that you have to install the WADs to your SD using Showmiiwads on a PC.

Wiiflow will also work with your regular Wii dumps. So you'll have everything in one place except for Gamecube basically (unless its been updated to work with Nintendont? idk my build is like a year old)

Edit: Hmm I just tried Castlevania Rebirth and it didn't work. I guess a more intricate solution is needed. But every other VC/Wiiware game I've tried works including most custom virtual console titles. I don't know why this particular game doesnt work. Besides that there's like 99% compatibility with wiiware

Last edited by Link'sSpiritualAwakening, Jul 14, 2015
  17. wailer247

wailer247 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2015
    United States
    I'm pretty much in the same situation. I've got neek2o setup properly and it runs. Now I want to be able to access the installed neek2o titles from the cfg loader on real nand. I edited the config.txt to "nand_emu_path=usb:/yourpath" so that it shows my vc/wiiware emu titles, but starting one of them just kicks me out to the homebrew channel. I've downloaded the neek2o plugin for use in cfg loader, and it's supposed to allow you to boot the title with neek2o. However, I'm not really sure how to use it, and I don't see any evidence of it doing anything. If you got it working or if anyone knows how to get it working, thatd be awesome.