Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
I have a switch that one day the emmc decided to die.
The console simply doesn't start or enter RCM (its a v1 unpatched) with the emmc module inserted. As soon as I remove it everything works.
The console also has the display broken... as in the display itself is good, but the part that sends the data to the screen is probably fried, it shows some lines across the screen sometimes (my mistake...)

So my objective is to make a simple EMUmmc on the sd card that allows me to boot it.
I have a prodinfo i generated from a donor and a prod.keys files. I tried following these two videos (with some adaptations for my situation)

The console boots but after hekate the screen turns dark right away (i know this because I see the backlight flashing)
So i'm starting to doubt that even with an emummc the emmc is still needed for something...

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you tried replacing the emmc board? Cheap and easy for v1. If that shows the problem is actually on the motherboard then idk what would be next step.

Reactions: impeeza

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a switch that one day the emmc decided to die.
The console simply doesn't start or enter RCM (its a v1 unpatched) with the emmc module inserted. As soon as I remove it everything works.
The console also has the display broken... as in the display itself is good, but the part that sends the data to the screen is probably fried, it shows some lines across the screen sometimes (my mistake...)

So my objective is to make a simple EMUmmc on the sd card that allows me to boot it.
I have a prodinfo i generated from a donor and a prod.keys files. I tried following these two videos (with some adaptations for my situation)

The console boots but after hekate the screen turns dark right away (i know this because I see the backlight flashing)
So i'm starting to doubt that even with an emummc the emmc is still needed for something...

You need a emmc module in order to create an emummc.

dicamarques

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
You need a emmc module in order to create an emummc.
I can create an emummc in nxnandmanager

Have you tried replacing the emmc board? Cheap and easy for v1. If that shows the problem is actually on the motherboard then idk what would be next step.
Nop, was trying to not to spend money on it...

Side note, i have a Mariko switch with picoFly that I can use for testing stuff

StarCrossedSheep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you ever get this working? Been tinkering with my old broken Switch that has a dead eMMC card and have basically been trying to do the same thing you are here. I want to have it run CFW off an emuMMC/emuNAND and have generated all the required keys from donor files found online, but keep having issues since it can't initialize the actual system eMMC.

StringIsNullOrEmpty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
You must have a working physical eMMC module in order to run emuMMC. This is because emuMMC does not emulate the entire module completely and relies on the physical device in order to function correctly.

Reactions: Schn1ek3

StarCrossedSheep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must have a working physical eMMC module in order to run emuMMC. This is because emuMMC does not emulate the entire module completely and relies on the physical device in order to function correctly.

Yeah after messing with it for the past few hours I decided to bite the bullet and just order a replacement eMMC module. I have another (fully functioning) Switch that I normally use so I have no need to go online or use OFW on this one, instead I'm going to attempt to follow the steps outlined here and try to get it up and running as an emulation device. Will tinker with it when the new eMMC comes in a few days.

Was just curious if OP got theirs working without having to spend any money on replacing parts.

dicamarques

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Did you ever get this working? Been tinkering with my old broken Switch that has a dead eMMC card and have basically been trying to do the same thing you are here. I want to have it run CFW off an emuMMC/emuNAND and have generated all the required keys from donor files found online, but keep having issues since it can't initialize the actual system eMMC.
Unfortunately no, having a broken screen makes it harder for debuging, its still on my todo list but I kinda lost hope.
I still use it as a ubuntu or android maching sometimes (from the sd card obviously)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm not a flour expert I just snort it