Hacking HELP REQUIRED: BANNER BRICKED WII.

ptsubrian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone,

I know there are already a number of topics relating to Bricks, Semi-Bricks, Banner Bricks etc. I think I've read them all - feels like I have anyway.

Anyway back to my problem and help request. (I have a UK (PAL) wii running 3.3E with HBC channel and the backup loader channel). Everything was running fine until I decided to install a newer backup loader channel (via WAD) with 002fix for gamma. Now i'm fairly certain (99.9%) this caused a banner brick
(system files corrupted message after pressing "A" on the health and safety screen)

Now, I've managed to get the GC controller trick to work like a SAVEMII (which I will be investing in by the way as the GC trick is, err... to say the least, tricky).

now the only problem, I believe, is that I need to have a disk with a newer system menu update than my current system-menu (current = 3.3E, need 3.4E).

I have a D2CKEY modchip installed but it doesn't seem to allow me to autoboot.

Finally my Request - Does anyone know where I can download an Update ISO for 3.4E (Waninkoko downgrader has links to the nintendo database and server but cannot find any info on this myself) or an original wii game with the update partition to update to 3.4E?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance - and apologies if this post contravenes any rules of the site.

D

Deleted User

Dude, a game with higher update does not solve banner brick.

What you need is TH and TP. With that, you need to have WAD Manager's boot.dol in the root of your SD Card. Then, just uninstall the bad WAD.

Oh and, next time, install Preloader, much faster to save banner bricks this way..

ptsubrian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
KiiWii - Will try that

Found on WUM that currently only game with 3.4E is MarioTennisGC(Wii Version) -is this Mario Power Tennis?

Thanks

ptsubrian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
afif95 said:
Dude, a game with higher update does not solve banner brick.

What you need is TH and TP. With that, you need to have WAD Manager's boot.dol in the root of your SD Card. Then, just uninstall the bad WAD.

Oh and, next time, install Preloader, much faster to save banner bricks this way..

I have the Twilight Hack in my save files and the Twilight Princess game - just can't get the game to autoboot. am going to try KiiWii's now

D

Deleted User

Then so......

Don't your chip has a config disk or some shit? Could try that, go into its settings and set the autoboot. Then, just use the autoboot wad manager.

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
ptsubrian said:
Finally my Request - Does anyone know where I can download an Update ISO for 3.4E (Waninkoko downgrader has links to the nintendo database and server but cannot find any info on this myself) or an original wii game with the update partition to update to 3.4E?
Mario Power Tennis has 3.4 99% sure since i've checked it myself when got out
Hope you have TP haked save in you're NAND so you can run wadmanager from Zelda TP with savemiifree so you can delete you're corrupted wad :-)

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Here we go again lol

Ok you need to get Mario Power Tennis as Auto boot disc 3.4
If you still cant get into the system menu after that, try using the pink disc recovery turn it to pal,I found that if you copy another wii with 3.4e system with the TP hack in the wii saves
using the save all on th pink disc menu, you can then restore it to the other wii so u have the TP hack in your saves
Then just run zelda as auto boot and put wad manager ios16 in the boot.dol SD root
install cios 37 (soft mii wad02) then use wanko downgrader to all ios
then any region changer to 3.2e

Job done

Hope this helps you

BTw FlatMii is just the best for this

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you *sure* you can't autoboot zelda?

Are you using Wii Autoboot Creator? (it DOESN'T work for me... I'm not sure that it does for anyone)

This app DOES though -> http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_BootMe

Try it first. Updating to 3.4 will remove your twilight hack savegame! Which will put you in a much worse position.

Of course, if you can get zelda to autoboot, and have the twilight hack savegame.. you can launch wad manager, and remove the troublesome WAD. Where did you get the WAD from? :S

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow... people either can't read or don't understand what a banner brick is.

Installing a nintendo update will NOT fix the problem... As Senor said it'll delete the twilight hack save and make things WORSE. You have to get into a wad manager and uninstall the bad wad that's the only way (or use ATD, either way).

ptsubrian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks everyone for their replies and help

I'm trying to get an image of Legend Of Zelda TP and use the bootme to make it auto -boot (I only have the original at the moment), I did try the wii autoboot creator (tried on a different image of another game) , but I also found this didn't work for me!

will probably be a little while before i get an image of TP so I will update when I can.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
ptsubrian said:
Thanks everyone for their replies and help

I'm trying to get an image of Legend Of Zelda TP and use the bootme to make it auto -boot (I only have the original at the moment), I did try the wii autoboot creator (tried on a different image of another game) , but I also found this didn't work for me!

will probably be a little while before i get an image of TP so I will update when I can.
Are you sure that you installed the "disk diagnostic check skip" patch? If you didn't the rescue menu will only load official nintendo fix disk.

ptsubrian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
david432111 said:
Are you sure that you installed the "disk diagnostic check skip" patch? If you didn't the rescue menu will only load official nintendo fix disk.

Hi, Isn't this in relation to STARFALL?, I don't have starfall

ptsubrian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Again Everyone,

Just an Update and to let you know that my Wii is now unbricked and happy again.
Just for info this is what I did (thanks to all you guys/gals for your help)

1. created an Image of Legend Of Zelda Twighlight Princess using A friends Wii and Waninkoko's DVD dumper.

2. Patched Game to autoboot using the BootMe utility. (not BOOTMII)

3. Booted game and fortunately still had the TP hack in my saves.

4. Ran Wad Manager and deleted the offending WAD.

5. Rebooted Wii Successfully.

Next steps to make it easier in future.

1. downgrade to 3.2

2. install preloader

3. install STARFALL (is this required?)

4. Ensure that any WAD is tested thoroughly/verified before installing.

Thank you everyone for your help and advice in bringing this wii back to life.
My Kids have a little bit more respect for me now - lol

Regards
Brian

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can imagine it would work fine