simon66

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,
I bought a "broken" switch on eBay (for parts) and to my surprise, it wasn't really broken. The person had AutoRCM enabled without knowing. Once I disabled that, the console (Which was on firmware 5.1.1) would only boot if I had CFW enabled (Atmosphere). Being new to the switch hacking scene, I only backed up the rawnand.bin, tsec_keys.bin and fuses.bin (I didn't dump BOOT0/BOOT1 because I thought it was included in rawnand.bin).

While on Atmosphere, I updated the console to the latest firmware (Im assuming I updated it to either 8.0.0 or 8.0.1). At this point, the console wouldn't even boot up (No nintendo logo or switch logo would appear). It was at this point that I decided to backup BOOT0 and BOOT1 while on this new firmware (I did not backup the rawnand.bin again). Without thinking about it, I flashed the original rawnand.bin back(The 5.1.1 dump) but the console would still not boot up. Reading online, I found a tutorial describing how you can patching your dumps for upgrade/downgrade. I used ChoiDujour to patch the BOOT0/BOOT1 dumps I took while on the new firmware, and I used the 5.1.1 firmware files to patch the dump rawnand.bin dump. I then flashed those files to my Switch and to my surprise, I worked! Kinda. I'm now able to see the Atmosphere logo, but my console wont boot neither on CFW or official firmware.

Sorry for the long story, but my question is as follows:

1) Can I downgrade my BOOT0/BOOT1 dumps from 8.0.0 to 5.1.1?
2) Im an idiot, I know, I should've backed up everything
3) Is this unit still recoverable? I don't know the history on it, but it looks like the NAND might've been touched before I even got this console

Any help would be appreciated :)

Napsterae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Search for manual downgrade with choi on PC. I had the exact problema like you and that helped me.
Use fw 5.1. I tried with 6.1 and that didnt work

simon66

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for the link. I tried flashing both BOOT0 and BOOT1 and now it doesn't even show the Atmosphere logo. I don't know if I flashed the wrong file, or it just didn't work.

Search for manual downgrade with choi on PC. I had the exact problema like you and that helped me.
Use fw 5.1. I tried with 6.1 and that didnt work
Thats the link I was following in the first place. There might be something wrong with this unit since Im unable to use memloader (it crashes on any payload I select).

At this point, is it even worth downgrading to 5.1.1? I don't know what to do next :S

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

vastrolorde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made a new pack.

Wasn`t happy with the other two.

This pack will repair you to 6.2.0... Regardless of fuses burned.
7.0.1 & 8.0.1 included too.

@iriez I pm`d you if you would do the honours for me sir!

This is really great can this fix nxboot error? btw there is a password on the archive on your git.

simon66

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its uploaded to xbins in -

/SWITCH/CFW/_CFW Tools/Unbrick Your Switch Pack/Unbrick_Your_Switch.7z

Thanks for the help :)
I have the file but looks like the lowest firmware it was is 6.2.0 (which is not supported by ChoiDujoir). Going to look around and see how I can manually get this to work on 6.2.0

Im slowly making progress. Looks like this unit might not be a gonner after all.

Reactions: leons09

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I need feedback as to if it is working for people, or how I can streamline the process.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...