ROM Hack [Help] Recompiled AS ROM stuck on loading screen

Antechinus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been trying to decrypt, extract and recompile Pokémon Alpha Sapphire so that I can randomise the encounters. Without editing any files at all, however, my recompiled ROM just hangs on the loading screen with the 3DS logo and the red waves on a black screen. The untouched ROM, freshly dumped with Gateway, loads just fine.

I have tried
  • deleting the save game on the cartridge (down + B + X).
  • dumping the ROM again.
  • decrypting with XORpads, as per this guide.
  • decrypting with rxTools and extracting.
  • using ExInjector.
I've got sysnand 9.2 and emunand 9.5. As far as I can tell, the game has no updates or patches, at least according to the Data Management section of the settings. I figure there has to be some blindingly obvious thing I'm missing here. Unfortunately, I have no other cartridges at hand to test. Does anyone have any ideas?

Crowhogan33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumped my OR and edited it and I recompiled it and I'm also stuck on the 3ds loading screen, and I've gone through the process like 5 times and I can't figure out what's causing it. I thought it might've been my emunand but I updated that and it still wasn't working. I've also tried everything you've tried, minus wiping my save game.

I'm on 9.0 with 9.5 emunand n3ds.

Crowhogan33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try using ExInjector to reinject the exheader.bin file into the new rom? You should be able to run it without the patch. The patch overwrites certain things like game text. ;)

That was one of the things I tried yesterday. I didn't try it with the one that runs currently, I'm just glad its running. I didn't edit the game text, so it's not a big deal.

Antechinus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm afraid using ExInjector doesn't change anything. To be certain I tried again with a fresh exheader.bin extracted using the nifty tool in this thread. Fortunately, patching the game did make it load, thank you! All I wanted was to randomise encounters, so I think that won't cause any problems. I suspect the issue is related to the rsf file.

OmegaPikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having this same issue!

Anyone wanna shed some light on it?

Except when i update i get blackscreened after the logo

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed this, All I did was inject the decrypted ex"Header.bin into the rom, no updates, and everything worked. I'll try and redo the whole process later and see if it works, if so I would most likely assume that would be the fix.

OmegaPikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed this, All I did was inject the decrypted ex"Header.bin into the rom, no updates, and everything worked. I'll try and redo the whole process later and see if it works, if so I would most likely assume that would be the fix.

I got mine to work last night as well.

Mike Tukes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse