Help/Questions/Tutorial

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Famaster, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Famaster
    OP

Famaster Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2014
    Croatia
    Hello there, how's it going?

I was randomly searching on the internet about Wii softmodding, and I came across this forum. I had my Wii for 3 years now, so I decided to fire it up again 2 days ago. At first I thought my Wii had a modchip, because it could play pirated copies (not sure if you're allowed to discuss about piracy here). So I burned a game, thinking it would work, but no, the disc wouldn't read.

After searching about Wii modding, I saw people talking about Homebrew Channel. Then I noticed on my Wii that I also have Homebrew Channel. My Wii system version is 3.4E, and Homebrew's version is 1.0.3 IOS36 v255.255 (full details). Then I checked the BootMii option, and my screen went black.

Now for the questions:
    1. What files do I need for softmodding 3.4E Wii?
    2. If I uninstall the Homebrew Channel in the HackMii installer, and then install it again using HackMii, is it going to harm my Wii?
    3. Can I play pirated copies after softmodding Wii? If so, how can I do that?
    4. On Youtube, during the tutorials I saw Gecko OS and NeoGamma, what are those?
    5. Can you somehow brick your Wii, or do anything to it when softmodding your Wii? E.g: Not installing something properly, or something like that.

About the Homebrew Channel in the paragraph above: Right after I got my Wii, I went to the game shop to get it chipped. After that, I got some games, thinking it would run pirated games, not even noticing the Homebrew Channel in the first place.

I'm a total noob when it comes to Wii hacking, because I've never tried it, so please bear with me.

2. Famaster
    OP

Famaster Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2014
    Croatia
    32 views on the thread, not a single reply. Wonderful..

3. ddetkowski

ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    United States
    Did you not read the forum rules? Wonderful.....?

4. Famaster
    OP

Famaster Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2014
    Croatia
    Rules are for wimps.

5. ddetkowski

ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    United States
    Good luck with your topic.

6. Densetsu

Densetsu Pubic Ninja

Former Staff
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    Wouldn't YOU like to know?
    Ask your questions in this sticky thread. Please read the first post and look at the links.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.