Hardware (help) Ps3 reassembly

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi everyone

I got a ps3 from this shady guy that said it had a disc stuck in it and he couldn't remove it because he "didn't have the internet to look it up so he just put it away" so I thought it wouldn't be hard to just open and remove it.
Turns out he lied had tried to do it but couldn't put it all back together judging by some ribbon cables not being plugged in there was no disc either. It also looks that he lost almost all the screws for it, and the ones he left were stripped. I managed to take it apart but I don't know to put the disc drives bottom ribbon cable back in (it was already out) and the video guides i found all have a similar but a little different ps3 slim that doesn't even have that cable under the disc drive.

Where can I get screws for a ps3 and what's the best way to put the disc drive in?
Thank you!

D

Deleted User

Hi everyone

I got a ps3 from this shady guy that said it had a disc stuck in it and he couldn't remove it because he "didn't have the internet to look it up so he just put it away" so I thought it wouldn't be hard to just open and remove it.
Turns out he lied had tried to do it but couldn't put it all back together judging by some ribbon cables not being plugged in there was no disc either. It also looks that he lost almost all the screws for it, and the ones he left were stripped. I managed to take it apart but I don't know to put the disc drives bottom ribbon cable back in (it was already out) and the video guides i found all have a similar but a little different ps3 slim that doesn't even have that cable under the disc drive.

Where can I get screws for a ps3 and what's the best way to put the disc drive in?
Thank you!

Check back white sticker after long serial # - Need the CECH part.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later