Hacking Help pls! partial downgrade

perspex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
GUYS!! i was using plailect's guide to downgrade my n3dsxl to 9.2, it was going fine until it got stuck on a file in the downgrading process and it showed me the nintendo error screen and to turn off the console.

It doesnt boot with sd card anymore and without sd card its booting and showing 9.2U firmware in system settings, but i know this is a partial downgrade..what the hell do it do now. Please help!

Im trying to turn on the ds without sd and then putting the sd back in and using browserhax to try and run the downgrade again. THis is what im supposed to do now right?

HALP!!!!

KingBot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My N3DS´s had a partial downgrade too.
What I did: I took the sd out of the 3ds, booted, inserted the sd, started browserhax and installed menuhax and shut the 3ds down.
Booted into homebrewmenu with menuhax, started plaisysupdater again and it installed the remaining files.
Downgrade complete.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GUYS!! i was using plailect's guide to downgrade my n3dsxl to 9.2, it was going fine until it got stuck on a file in the downgrading process and it showed me the nintendo error screen and to turn off the console.

It doesnt boot with sd card anymore and without sd card its booting and showing 9.2U firmware in system settings, but i know this is a partial downgrade..what the hell do it do now. Please help!

Im trying to turn on the ds without sd and then putting the sd back in and using browserhax to try and run the downgrade again. THis is what im supposed to do now right?

HALP!!!!

yes, and redo the downgrade again.

perspex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
jesus christ man...im half shitting my pants here...fuck arm9...fuck it...if this works im sticking with menuhax+cfw

thanks, ill try and let you know

perspex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
i didnt format like i was supposed to before i downgraded...do it need to format it now or something?

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my case, i didn't format too since it's brand new. I only do format a device if it's preowned. Just redo the downgrade and you're fine.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a partial on my first N3DS. Not a big deal. Just downgrade again. If you are following his guide, then just do as it says. If you need more help than that, I suggest trying they Rizon IRC channel. Its full of knowledgeable people.

perspex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
okay it worked....i followed the steps as you guys said and it installed the remaining files. It got stuck at the 10 seconds booting part and i started flipping again, but i manually restarted and it booted up fine....says 9.2.0U in system settings also.

Thanks a lot guys...really appreciate it. Screw arm9loader...i cant go through that again.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
i didnt format like i was supposed to before i downgraded...do it need to format it now or something?
nothing to do with that. If you had softbricked, you wouldn't even be able to boot, you'd need to use Recovery mode to update.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

okay it worked....i followed the steps as you guys said and it installed the remaining files. It got stuck at the 10 seconds booting part and i started flipping again, but i manually restarted and it booted up fine....says 9.2.0U in system settings also.

Thanks a lot guys...really appreciate it. Screw arm9loader...i cant go through that again.
Actually, I still recommend you go for A9LH. It's install&forget , plus the only downgrade people seem to struggle with is the 9.2. From that point on, it's pretty straightforward.

perspex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
nothing to do with that. If you had softbricked, you wouldn't even be able to boot, you'd need to use Recovery mode to update.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually, I still recommend you go for A9LH. It's install&forget , plus the only downgrade people seem to struggle with is the 9.2. From that point on, it's pretty straightforward.

Still screw it, I will be in a world of pain if i screw this up....my brother is gonna kill me. I can always switch to a9lh later on in the event of menuhax getting totally shut out by nintendo.

D

Deleted-379826

Still screw it, I will be in a world of pain if i screw this up....my brother is gonna kill me. I can always switch to a9lh later on in the event of menuhax getting totally shut out by nintendo.
There's no point in doing it later, you went through the hardest part and don't be scared that is a common problem anyway with an easy fix the rest gets easier!

perspex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
why is there no point doing it later? Im thinking of trying it on my o3ds first, then ill try it on my n3ds

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
it's far easier to do when everything is still fresh downgraded. Also, less chance of errors happening.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night