Hacking Help, please...

joshjosh100

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I downgraded my system to 9.2 and I installed a menuhax, ironhax, and variety of other hax, now how do i create a emunand, I've created a partition for it, but i'm confused with it, any help?

also I have Cakes cfw, I think.

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well i'm not a pro at this, but have you tried to follow this guide?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867

Look here, this i taken from the link:
Section 5 - Creating EmuNAND!
First, read this awesome guide by @NekoMichi
It will help you understand EmuNAND, SysNAND, Unlinking NANDs, etc.
[Guide] A noobNAND's Guide to sysNAND and emuNAND

We will now create EmuNAND!

Backup your SD card now.

Launch EmuNAND9 again (yes, you have to rename EmuNAND9.dat to Launcher.dat again)

To launch EmuNAND9 using the web browser:
Open your 3DS web Browser and go to go.gateway-3ds.com to launch EmuNAND9.

To launch EmuNAND9 using the Homebrew Launcher:
Boot the HBL and select EmuNAND9.

Once in EmuNAND9, navigate to Complete EmuNAND Setup. Ignore the starter.bin warning and follow the instructions. Wait for the EmuNAND creation process to finish.

Once that's done, you can put all your SD card contents back on your card.
You don't need to put NAND.bin back on your sd card unless you want to downgrade to 4.X (not recommended).

Section 6 - Unlinking your NANDS
Using the recommended method of formatting SysNAND
We will now unlink your NANDs. But first, some information.

The benefits of unlinking your NANDs:
  • You will not have to unwrap all your games whenever you enter emuNAND.
    • This doesn't happen to everyone, but if it does, unlinking your NANDs will stop this from happening.
  • In the past, some users have reported their sysNAND updating even though they were sure they updated emuNAND. These same people happened to have linked NANDs. We don't know if it is related but it is safer unlink your NANDs if you fear this may happen to you.
  • You can go into sysNAND's Data Management (found in the System Settings app) safely.
    • Doing this while your NANDs are linked will result in your emuNAND games, saves, themes, etc. being deleted.
  • If you have Menuhax installed, you will not get a black screen when entering EmuNAND.
    • You can bypass this by holding a button when launching EmuNAND (which will disable Menuhax from loading). But who wants to remember to hold a button every time?

The disadvantages of unlinking your NANDs:
  • If you want to play GBA games in emuNAND, you will have to install the GBA game in both NANDs, taking up double the space.
    • If your NANDs are linked, you only need to install GBA games in sysNAND once.
  • Your sysNAND will be formatted.
    • Don't worry, everything that was on your sysNAND is in emuNAND instead.
    • If you don't like this, you can always use EmuNAND9 tool to restore your NAND.bin, thus recovering all your sysNAND stuff.
  • If you have Menuhax installed, you will have to reinstall it!

Now finally, how to unlink your NANDs:
  1. Download TinyFormat
  2. Place the .cia in your SD card (CIAs folder if you want to be organized)
  3. Boot into rxmode SysNAND
    • Don't know how? Hold L when booting rxTools to get into the menu. From there you can select which rxmode you would like to access. Note: 2.5.2 users have to hold R instead.
  4. Once you're in the HOME menu, launch BigBlueMenu, Devmenu_2x, or FBI
  5. Install the TinyFormat.cia
  6. Press HOME and choose to launch TinyFormat
  7. Follow the instructions to complete the formatting of SysNAND, and thus unlinking your NANDs
  8. Turn off your 3DS after the process is finished
  9. Reboot your 3DS and complete the Initial 3DS Setup.
  10. NANDs are now unlinked!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1