Hacking Help please...

Cam275

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, two days ago I got a DSTT. I was having a jolly good time playing games and the like, until I tried playing Chrono Trigger. See, the screen just turned white and stayed for a long time. Assuming it was a bad rom, I just turned off the system. I turned it back on and everything appeared to be in working condition until after about 2 seconds of loading, that annoying memory card/mascot/whatever turned red and the text read "error". I turned it off and on again to the same result.
I decided I'd have to delete the rom or reinstall the firmware, so I plugged the Micro SD into my computer, (OS X Tiger if that helps) And it told me that type of storage disk was not supported. Now, this would make more sense if I hadn't successfully connected and transferred files to it several times before.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Anj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Congratz on your new DSTT!, welcome to the forums. Ack, it seems you've bought a fake DSTT and downloaded the program on the original website. Wait, don't worry theres still a chance that you could save your DSTT! Download another TTMENU folder/TTMENU.dat and just download the program on this page: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=124591 and put it on the root menu of your dstt. Run the software, turn off your ds connect it to the comp. and delete EVERYTHING on the sd card with a panasonic formatter card which you can find by googlin it. Download the v1.17 w/o the bricker(the bricker is what kills your DSTT), and put it on your DSTT and BAM! Problem fixed! Enjoy!
smile.gif
post here on what you need help on.

-P.S Edited

Anj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cam275 said:
Sorry, didn't see the post above.
I don't think it's the flashcart, it's the SD card.
I had the same problem as well :/ I thought it was my SD card, tried it with my other DSTT but with no avail. Also thought it was a connecting problem which I put a cardboard thing on. Then I learned about the bricker that kills your SD card and your DSTT, it gives off a white screen and after about 10 reboots it bricks your files and makes them unreadable.

-also look on the SD card slot on your DSTT, if you see a gold dot its fake.
smile.gif

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's definitely the DSTT, they have a LOT of these stupid problems...

See if you can back up everything in your microSD card... if you can, reformat it.

If you can't... you may as well reformat it anyway.

Also, use this Fake Recovery package to see if it's a fake and recover it: Download Link

Good luck with that.

Cam275

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anj said:
Here is the firmware without the bricker: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4684 replace the TTMENU and the TTMENU.dat with that, and it should work!

Sorry I took so long to reply, (Sony finally sent back my ps3 and I've been playing Resistance 2 like a madman) but the problem is that I can't add anything to the SD card. The computer says it's an "unaccepted format".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/X2x6pu6vSjU