Help please! Issue with Haxchi and CBHC

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by dubb d, Jan 5, 2017.

1. dubb d
    OP

dubb d Newbie

Newcomer
    May 18, 2016
    United States
    Installed haxchi, worked fine, showed my DS game and everything. Went to my DS game to see that it had been changed to the haxchi and it did load up homebrew launcher. Went to install CBHC and once again DS game was there, hit A to install, all good. Brought me back to the main screen with all my icons and such. Cool. Went to reboot the console like the tutorial said....but it doesn't go to the boot selection screen...after showing "autobooting" at the upper left corner, it looks like its wanting to load something else cause my wii u icon shows up in the bottom right corner but then I am greeted to a black screen that says "-5"

I don't know what to do cause I tried turning it off/on and turning it off/on without the SD card. Help??

2. Net-KILLER

Net-KILLER computer says no

Oct 22, 2009
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    in a pineapple under the sea
    Did you try this?

3. dubb d
    OP

dubb d Newbie

Newcomer
    May 18, 2016
    United States
    YES! It worked! Thank you so much! Now how do I get it to boot into my cfw or do I need to install Mocha for that? I don't want to have to go into homebrew launcer/cfw booter every time I want to be in my cfw

4. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    you just want to set it to autoboot system menu to get all the sysnand patches automatically.

5. Net-KILLER

Net-KILLER computer says no

Oct 22, 2009
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    in a pineapple under the sea
    Well if you want mocha/rednand - yes then you should install mocha.
    But if you just want signature/region patch and ftpiiu-evrywhere booting to system menu is all you have to do with cbhc:

6. dubb d
    OP

dubb d Newbie

Newcomer
    May 18, 2016
    United States
    I'm confused a little. So you're saying just let it boot to the sysnand and I will still have CFW abilities? I ask because if that's the case then why is it when I homebrew launcher/cfw booter it brings me to my rednand? I thought rednand WAS the cfw and sysnand is just your vanilla untouched firmware?

EDIT: Net-KILLER's response apparently popped up while I was typing this...this answers my question.

Last edited by dubb d, Jan 5, 2017