Android [HELP] Play Store Installatiom

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found my tablet from a few years ago. I remember accidentally deleting my play store app since I had root access. I tried to reinstall the apk but it just crashes whenever I open it. Help?

I have root access. My device is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

EDIT: Just realized that I misspelled "Installation" in the title. Please don't mind it.

Sent from my Browser on a New 3DS XL with A9LH

Last edited by Skyshadow101,

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to XDA it works on P51XX so it works on yours http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2548476
I give up honestly. I looked in the ROM manager app, and it said I already have TWRP installed. But when I boot into recovery, it is my stock recovery. And the same thing with the TWRP app. Flashify freezes whenever I try to choose a file. To top things off, my computer won't recognize my tablet, even with all the drivers and programs installed, so I can't use ODIN.

Look's like I going to stick with a playstore-less tablet. Thanks for the help!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I give up honestly. I looked in the ROM manager app, and it said I already have TWRP installed. But when I boot into recovery, it is my stock recovery. And the same thing with the TWRP app. Flashify freezes whenever I try to choose a file. To top things off, my computer won't recognize my tablet, even with all the drivers and programs installed, so I can't use ODIN.

Look's like I going to stick with a playstore-less tablet. Thanks for the help!
There is another option. When you reinstalled the play store APK, you probably installed it as a regular app, not a system app. AFAIK it needs to go in /system/app to work, the only way to get it installed there that I know of is simply placing the apk there with a root file explorer manually. You also have to make sure you get the right version to match your Android version. If the play store APK is the only thing you removed, placing it back in /system/app should get Play Store working again.
You can get the right Play Store version for your Android version from the opengapps link above, it should be inside "vending-all.tar.xz" which you can open with WinRAR (and likely 7-Zip too)

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Do you still have Root? If you do, Lucky Patcher can install Play Store to your tablet into the System. Try that :3

Deleted member 386348

local death grips enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Reinstall the APK (even though it crashes) and install Lucky Patcher (I don't think I can link this.). Choose Play Store on Lucky Patcher, and make it a system app.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Apptoid
Thats the solution lol
(Everything iz free yay)
Not everyone wants to pirate things. Plus, the Play Store is more secure/more updated than Apptoid.

MReP

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cofi.space
XP
Country
France
Not everyone wants to pirate things. Plus, the Play Store is more secure/more updated than Apptoid.
why he root then ?

Reinstall the APK (even though it crashes) and install Lucky Patcher (I don't think I can link this.). Choose Play Store on Lucky Patcher, and make it a system app.
and that is an option too

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is another option. When you reinstalled the play store APK, you probably installed it as a regular app, not a system app. AFAIK it needs to go in /system/app to work, the only way to get it installed there that I know of is simply placing the apk there with a root file explorer manually. You also have to make sure you get the right version to match your Android version. If the play store APK is the only thing you removed, placing it back in /system/app should get Play Store working again.
You can get the right Play Store version for your Android version from the opengapps link above, it should be inside "vending-all.tar.xz" which you can open with WinRAR (and likely 7-Zip too)
I'm going to use Lucky Patcher to put the play store as a system app. I'll get back here when I do that.

It worked! Holy baluga, it worked! Thank you guys so much! I made the playstore a system app with lucky patcher! I guess the reason why it crashed whenever I downloaded something, is because it didn't have enough permissions to do so! I'm so glad I got my old tablet back. Thank you guys so much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: +1