Hacking Help on updating Menu on DSTT

mlp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

I've had a read of a few threads and have a rough idea of what I need to do but can anyone give me a bit of advice/help please?

I have a DSTT card (and 4GB Kingston memory card) and can't get the more recent releases to play on it. I have updated to the v1.17a12 software and also updated the latest latest extinfo/infolib/savlib files. ( I get errcode =-4 when loading Sonic And Sega All Stars Racing.

Do I also need to update the menu software from here If so when running the r4.bat file it asks what kind of card I use and the options are R4/N5/M3 Simply - What do I select for the DSTT?

Is there a guide for updating the menu with screenshots?

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks
mlp

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well if you read a bit more in THIS section,not R4,you'll see the TTYSauto in the first page
smile.gif
Also you sure you got the latest infolib/extinfo/savlib Pong made(read stickies)?They got Racing fixed already/

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have a DSTT you should stick with TTMenu and not YSMenu if compatibility is a concern, certain games run better using the updated files with TTMenu (i.e. Rooms - Fushigi na Ugoku Heya (J) YS = Freeze, SMT: STRANGE JOURNEY (U) YS = Save Problem, & the BAHAMUT dump of Ivy the Kiwi YS = Broken). These games work fine using TTMenu.

mlp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies so far guys.

Ok I've kept the DSTT menu just now and updated to the files from this link http://filetrip.net/h25123605-TTDS-EXT-INFO-SAV.html

If I try and load Sonic Classic Collection I get a blank white screen straight away.

I also have a 90K file appearing now called TTiCheck_v2.1nds and when I open that I get a message saying Card version not supported
Update this program from http://www.ndstt.com

Any thoughts on where I'm going wrong here?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
mlp said:

Ok I've kept the DSTT menu just now and updated to the files from this link http://filetrip.net/h25123605-TTDS-EXT-INFO-SAV.html

If I try and load Sonic Classic Collection I get a blank white screen straight away.

I also have a 90K file appearing now called TTiCheck_v2.1nds and when I open that I get a message saying Card version not supported

hmmmm

well dude

what card have you got (i aint going reading all your posts)

please make sure you have TTDS 1.17.12a FAKE KILLER Removed (if your card is fake it will break if you use the one with fake killer)

if you then add my files to the TTMenu folder you should be fine
you must also make sure your sonic rom is drycpted

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
mlp said:

Are you using the (E) version of Sonic Classic Collection? If so, you need to use eNDryptS Advanced 1.2 to decrypt the (E) dump to make it work.

The TTiCheck is ONLY for a DSTTi, not a DSTT

Cheers,
retrogamefan

mlp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pong20302000 said:
please make sure you have TTDS 1.17.12a FAKE KILLER Removed (if your card is fake it will break if you use the one with fake killer)

How can I check this? I think it's removed.

QUOTE(retrogamefan @ May 11 2010, 03:15 PM) Are you using the (E) version of Sonic Classic Collection? If so, you need to use eNDryptS Advanced 1.2 to decrypt the (E) dump to make it work.

I tried that (I assume the rom just needs to be in the same folder as the .exe file?) I hit option 1 to Decrypt then the dos screen disappeared but when I copy the rom back onto my memory card and try and load it I get the blank white screen again.

Sorry to be a pain in the backside guys
blush.gif

retrogamefan

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
yes, place the game into the same folder as the .exe

does your screen look like this when you use endrypts advanced 1.2 after you press 1?

untitled.jpg

mlp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks retrogamefan

No when I enter 1 the dos screen disappears straight away and I get another file (PatchEngine.tx1) appearing in the folder as below.

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_dstt3.jpg

retrogamefan

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You are missing 1 file : PatchEngine.dat 797kb. Is that in the archive you downloaded? There should be 3 files.
endrypts.jpg

mlp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

retrogamefan

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It is the TTMenu.dat file you are using which is causing the errcode=-5
frown.gif
(just tested that file myself with the same result). Do you know if you have a real or fake DSTT?

mlp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's a fake, I got it from Deal Extreme a year ago - with hindsight I probably should have got another card or the real mccoy. All the older games still work fine though.

Is there any card at the moment that would play all the newer games without the need to modify them? I've heard good reports about the CycloDS, it is a bit more expensive but probably better in the long run?

retrogamefan

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I also got my DSTT from DealExtreme but that was nearly 2 years ago but I received a real DSTT, so you might (and I stress might) be lucky and have a real DSTT.

I think your best option is either an Acekard 2i running AKAIO or the new Supercard DSTWO. Both will work if you end up upgrading your DS to a DSi or DSiXL

mlp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
retrogamefan said:
I think your best option is either an Acekard 2i or the new Supercard DSTWO. Both will work if you end up upgrading your DS to a DSi or DSiXL

Will both these play the recent games without any need to modify?

Thanks for all your help.

retrogamefan

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They should do. All you may need to do is a firmware update for them, to make the latest games playable. All flash cards need to be updated (files or firmware)at some stage.

mlp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A very big thank you to retrogamefan for all his help via email, he's got me up and running now
smile.gif
Very much appreciated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy