Hacking Help on the cyclods!! PLEASE!!!

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
In My Computer, right-click your card icon and select "Safely Remove" (That's on Vista. It should say something similar if you're using XP). If you don't do that and just pull out your card, the card tend to get corrupted.

ELVENLADY1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, now I just have to worry about reformatting my card AGAIN and then REDOWNLOADING my games...
yaypsp.gif

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Yeah. If the card still get corrupted, try a new reader. If it still get corrupted after that, then it may be a problem with card itself, so try a different one. If the problem still persists, then I think you may have a faulty Cyclo, so see if you can get it refunded or replaced. Well, good luck.

invisiblekid

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah it definitely sounds like a corrupt card reader, or micro sd card

Have used to have 2 R4's with bundled Kingston 1gb cards ( sure now that they are fakes anyways as they were shipped from HK ) and both the micro sd readers and full size SD adapters were giving me errors and the R4 couldn't load.

Having gave up R4 and compatibility issues I have changed to Cyclo and the micro sd cards now work with the cyclo micro SD reader!

So if your still having problems, try a different card reader. Some people swear by not using the micro sd reader but it's whatever works with you.

The key is to safely remove you card each and every time you unplug it from your pc, and wait until it tells you it's safe to do so. Either click on my computer and right click the card icon and "eject". Or on the taskbar there should be a little grey icon with an arrow point diagonally the the left hand bottom corner. Left click it and select the drive icon that you card is labeled as eg drive c or whatever your card is.

And finally, Ive been told that it's best to try to avoid writing and deleting on the sd card as much as you can. Think I read that you have a 4gb one so just load up as much as you can and unless you run out of space, keep any games on there that you dont play anymore.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ELVENLADY1 said:
Why wont my ROMS show up on my SNES emulator? I put them in the root!
hate2.gif

You have to put the ROMs in the separate folder called SNES. Create a folder (I hope that you know how), and name it SNES, add the ROMs, then put it in the root of the MicroSD.

SNES ROM files are .smc files, if yours are not, then you have bad ROMs.

The actual emulator and the configuration file go in the root folder of the MicroSD, not the SNES folder.

ELVENLADY1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I found the problem, but I don't know how to fix it. In some of my skins, the ones that work have a file named "skin" in them and the ones that dont work don't have that file. How can I fix this with the ones that dont work?
unsure.gif

ELVENLADY1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, here is my SNES folder...
89825325sk6.jpg

This is what is inside the ROMS folder...
zaxy8.jpg

Next, this is what is missing from the skins folders that don't work:
33670307ta2.jpg

Now, how do I get the skins that don't have this to work? Can I just copy one of these into one of those?
unsure.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your first problem is using .zip files, the Cyclo does not read them. You must extract the files first. Since you have Vista, all you have to do is open the .zip file by double-clicking, then drag the contents out.

I will post some pictures of what a correct set-up should look like. You're doing it completely wrong.

This is my SNES folder. Note what's in there and what's not. ROMs are .smc files, not .zip. And delete your folder called ROMS, you don't need it (take the ROMs out first!).

This is my root folder on my MicroSD. The SNEMUL.CFG file and the actual emulator go here, not in the SNES folder. I'm pretty sure I told you this before.

Your skins don't work because they weren't made for the Cyclo. My guess is that you directly used skins made for other flash cards, or you tried to use a shitty converter. Either way, it won't work. And you need a skin file like the one you showed. All skins made for the Cyclo include it.

ELVENLADY1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!! Demon, wilddenim, you guys are awesome!!!!!
hugbc5.gif
hugbc5.gif
!!! Now, if I want GBA GBC and NES games can I do the same with those? Thanks soo much again!!!!!
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, not that bad ig +1