Help On Softmoding Ps3 Slim with KMEAW 3.55

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Alex221, Mar 3, 2011.

Mar 3, 2011
  1. Alex221
    OP

Member Alex221 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Hello everyone, i want to softmod my ps3 slim 250gb using kmeaw 3.55. If i softmod using kmeaw 3.55 will i be able to backup my legally bought ps3 games and play them of the ps3 hard drive? PS:sorry for being a noob

2. Nujui

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    Yes you will be able to. Just use one of the newer managers and backup the game.

3. Alex221
    OP

United States
    thank you,um also i'v heard of many managers is multiman an ok manager or should i install a different one?

4. Nujui

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    Each have there differences, it just depends on what you want. You can use MultiMan if you want.

5. Alex221
    OP

United States
    alright thanks for you're help your're now a part of my eternal bretheren.......... jk.. but i still want other people's opinions about which manager to get.

6. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

Why don't you use my guide? It's here.

7. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    I use MultiMan mainly because it's the most fully featured. Gaia has a faster and nicer interface, and Rogero seems very similar to Gaia but somehow doesn't feel as nice (I can't explain how - just a feeling).

Generally 70% of the scene is split between MultiMan and Gaia, and the rest are using Rogero for its stealth features or one of the older managers. If you don't know which to choose, just pick all 3 and play around with them until you decide on a favourite. They all work more-or-less the same anyway.

8. Alex221
    OP

United States
    ok ive already installed kmeaw and multiman.... i started multiman and backed up dragon ball raging blast 1. then when i try to load the back up it says " Do you want to start the game now, without exiting back to xmb? Warning some games do not support such launch model. Ok so i go back to xmb and press on the /app_home/PS3_GAME when i press it, it says " An error occurred during the start operation. (80028F14) can someone help me?

9. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

Does your bluray drive work? If it does, put a game in the drive and see if it works after that.

10. zachpl

Newcomer zachpl Advanced Member

United States
    Make sure you have a game in the blue ray drive then press no and exit to xmb then go to the game in the drive and it should be dragon ball raging, you don't need to click app_home/PS3_game.

11. Alex221
    OP

United States
    To Zoura,yes blue ray drive does work
    To Zchpl, ok so i have dragon ball raging blast in blue ray drive, do i press on the dragon ball raging blast from the disc or the backup from multiman?

12. zachpl

Newcomer zachpl Advanced Member

United States
    If you want to make sure its working, put a different game in the drive then go to multiman click the game press no to exit to xmb and then dragon ball should be on the game cd slot instead of the other game you put in.

13. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    also try highlighting the game in multiman, press select + X, then launch from xmb.

14. Alex221
    OP

United States
    funny thing about that is that dragon ball is only only ps3 game i have right now, i was in the process of selling my ps3 so i sold all my ps3 games except for dragon ball so i only have dragon ball and also im probably not selling my ps3 anymore

15. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

Are you using the LV2 patcher?

16. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    Well, select+ X is not the magical thing to do, it all depend on the game you want to play and its location :
    [SELECT]+[X] - (INTERNAL HDD) force [Direct Launch Prompt] when disabled
    [SELECT]+[X] - (EXTERNAL HDD) alternative mode for "Black Screen Games"

So, if it's a normal game (DBZ is), and is on the internal, the select+X boot the game directly. He won't be able to "then launch from xmb".
    If his game is on external, select+X activate the BDemu which isn't needed for DBZ.

Select+X is for "black Screen Games" such as "Eternal Sonata".

I think is problem is because he is missing the payload, like Zorua said he need a Lv2 patcher, as Multiman don't included it since v1.16.00
    He can also try to install bdemu.pkg (some website include it in multiman archive), I think it replace the need for lv2 patching every time.