Help on Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by StolenPaper, Jan 10, 2011.

Jan 10, 2011
  1. StolenPaper
    OP

Newcomer StolenPaper Member

Australia
    Has someone released one yet? I have the skill of googling stuff and im yet to find anything so i was hoping maybe someone knew about a group working on one, or an already released one? I'm Using an M3Real on my DS Lite, and i get a freeze half way through the intro video, maybe even my Flashcards too slow to run it, like in The World Ends With You. If that is the problem could someone upload a .sav of the first save point in the game?

Cheers [​IMG]

2. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    First: Use the (E) rom. The only one out there that I'm aware of is already cracked, thus, the AP is removed.

Second: That freezing isn't AP, that's you needing to back up and format your MicroSD using the Panasonic SD Formatter. Then you need to put on fresh firmware files. A freeze like that shouldn't be happening. Also make sure that there is some free space on your MicroSD card, don't max the sucker out.

If you want to know, the AP is freezing at the tutorial screen when you press start like you need to have the tutorial continue.

3. StolenPaper
    OP

Australia
    I have the latest firmware + the (E) Suxxors CRACKED rom. So ill try the SD format program and if that doesn't work, well i don't know what will.

4. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    If that doesn't work, I suggest picking up a new MicroSD card. Preferably not the exact same kind you already have. Maybe even just a little 1gb or 512mb for the one or two problem games that come along every now and again.

5. StolenPaper
    OP

Australia
    yeah ill try that, thanks alot [​IMG]

6. rave420

Member rave420 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    512 mb [​IMG]

you can pick up a 4gb MicroSD at any Drug store for 9.99$, i highly doubt you will be able to find anything below 2gb these days.

i still have to find the place that can get 1TB MicroSD's. I am dreaming of having *all* my game backups on one single chip. How awesome (but totally redundant) would that be?

// i just did some reading on finding a 1tb MicroSD, turns out they don't exists. What will exists in a few years, is a microSDXC card that will support capacities of up to 4TB. Man am i excited.

7. Attila13

Member Attila13 Praise the Creep!

Romania
    Man... I always laughed at these things, I mean a small thumb size card will have a bigger capacity then your PCs big ass hard drive! [​IMG] [​IMG]

It's amazing how advanced is the technology these days! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. StolenPaper
    OP

Australia
    I've heard of the SDXC and also In Australia it's about the same price, 10 - 15$ But i can't seem to find any other brand apart from my own brand (sandisk), that look reliable enough.

9. rave420

Member rave420 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    i would like to add to the discussion that no AP-Patch is needed in either the JP, MULTI5 and U rom.

All of them work just fine on the AK2i (using akaio 1.8.5).

what you need is a flashcard specific patch, i suggest requesting / posting in the appropriate flashcard section.

The reason you can not play the game is due to your flashcard. No patch should be needed if you load the pre-cracked rom (there is no clean dump circulating as of now).

I haven't been needing to download a patch ever since i got my AK2i. I can only recommend it [​IMG]

and for memory cards.... if your flashcard doesn't work with certain memory cards... GET A NEW FLASH CARD. I use a class 2 cheapest of the cheap 8gb mem card, and not once have i had problems that i could link to my memory card.
    If a game does not run on your card and it's a new game, chances are, your card is getting old, and can't cope with bigger roms / larger saves / AP-patching anymore. All these problems are avoidable by buying a good card.

And listen to me man, i own 8 different flashcards, for evaluation purposes. The only two cards i frequently use is the AK2i and the SCDS2, because i virtually have zero trouble with them. I would recommend them in a heartbeat if someone needed a good cart to play the newest roms on. The other cards i bought for experimenting sake, and yeah, most cards run most games, that's a fact. It's just that KH:Re Codedonly ran on 3 out of 8 cards without further patching, and wouldn't run on the other cards. Stuff like that tells me the good cards from the not so good cards. That has nothing to do with fanboyism, but with being practical. I couldn't care less what name and team my card is from as long as i can play games without hassle. And so far the only two cards that have lived up to that promisse are stated above. I don't want to repeat myself.