[HELP]Noob stuck installing B9S -part 2-

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by CidAbril, Jun 1, 2017.

1. CidAbril
    OP

CidAbril Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2017
    * I am new to GBAtemp, and this is a followup of my previous question yesterday @
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/help-noob-stuck-installing-b9s.472610/#post-7357702

* If this successive posting of question is against the rules of customs, please let me know.

I have a Korean version of Old 3DS running FW 4.5.0, and am trying to install CFW.

I am currently stuck on Section IV from the page: https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(browser)

When I follow the steps in Section IV, all I get is the error message that says:

An error has occurred:
    Failed to get the CTRNAND FIRM.
    Press any button to shut down.

I keep getting this error message no matter how many times I turn 3DS off and on again.

The only way to get to any different screen is to delete config.bin in luma folder in my SD card and turn it back on to enter Luma3Ds Configuration menu again.

Is there any way to continue installing B9S and custom firmware at this stage?

P.S. 1
    I have asked around at a different website and somebody asked me if I had a NAND backup.
    Unfortunately, no.
    The instruction until the Section II never tells anything about NAND backups(only explains so in later Chapter IX)

2. sora10pls

sora10pls Official GBAtemp Trashâ„¢

Oct 25, 2015
    Canada
    Go to the next step linked at the bottom of the page, you're not even done the guide.

There are extra steps exclusively for people on firmware 3.0.0 to 4.5.0 that you haven't seen yet; just keep following it.

Quantumcat likes this.
  3. CidAbril
    OP

CidAbril Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2017
    Thanks for the advice.

But can I actually go on to the next steps with this error?

I believe I need to run a firmware update of my 3DS but apparently I cannot access any menu to launch such function.

4. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    Follow Section I, Step 14 to download the proper firmware file for 4.x.

5. CidAbril
    OP

CidAbril Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2017
    I believe you mean Section I, Step 14 in 'Finalizing Setup' page, and the consequent steps to update the system.

It says:
    • Download this file and rename it to firmware.bin
    • Download this file
    • Copy firmware.bin and cetk to the /luma/ folder on your SD card
    • Delete both of these files after updating your device later in these instructions
    But, I cannot do this: "updating your device later in these instructions"

The system update is dealt in Section II - Updating the System, and tells me to enter 'System Settings', which I cannot do because my 3DS can only enter Luma3DS Configuration menu.

6. Shady Guy Jose

Shady Guy Jose GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2008
    Portugal
    You should be able to update after doing those steps. You may want to wait for a second opinion, but I believe those are precisely meant to fix the error you currently have

7. Temptress Cerise

Temptress Cerise Miss Magic~ <3

May 1, 2016
    United States
    That error is normal for your version. And it is resolved if you just continue the guide and do what Section I, Step 14 of the Finalizing Setup page.

I already gave you the answer in that other post.

Again, that error is suppose to happen. And that step that I told you to follow even tells you, that the 3DS won't boot unless you do as it tells you.

I'm not sure why you're overthinking this.

The Installing boot9strap (browser) page does not care if you are able to boot up to your Home Menu. It just cares that followed the steps correctly and set Luma3DS' config to what it asked you to.

Quantumcat likes this.
  8. CHBL

CHBL Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Germany
    sorry that i annoy you with the same problem too but i dont know how to actually start the update when the only thing the display says me is to press a buton to shut down the system :(

could someone help me too?

edit : i found out myself how to do it :)

Last edited by CHBL, Jul 14, 2017