help - nonworking roms

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by shadow_hope, Jul 26, 2009.

Jul 26, 2009

help - nonworking roms by shadow_hope at 12:34 PM (546 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. shadow_hope
    OP

Newcomer shadow_hope Newbie

Australia
    Hey,
    i am having an issue with a large number of the roms i own on the ds light (i have EZ flash V card)
    when i try to load one up, the bottom screen looks as though its loading while the top screen goes blue and freezes.
    ive been told that i need to get individual patches for the games, but im not sure if this is the case since some of the games have worked on the ds before, but now arnt.
    any help would be much appreciated if it can be given.
    thanks!

2. Evilmaster1985

Member Evilmaster1985 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I do not have a EZ Flash V myself.
    But I can tell you it will be a lot easier if you told what games you are trying to run.

Some games indeed need individual patching or cheats activation.
    However this is not with every game and not every cart.

The more info the better.

Also please note this is posted in: NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations
    As your question is one for help it would better fit in the help section, just a suggestion. [​IMG]

Greetz, Vistabuser.

3. shadow_hope
    OP

Australia
    oh, ok im a newbie to this site (and with the whole rom and tech part of the DS)
    the games that i have checked that arnt working are: contact, final fantasy 3 (which had worked on my ds in the past), dogz, puzzle quest, etrian odessy, chameleon (had worked before), hidden objects, final fantasy Xii, picross, final fantasy ring of fates.
    im not sure what other info you need so if you want any more let me know and ill try to help [​IMG]
    thanks so much for the quick reply
    a friend suggested i format the SD card, is there a chance of that working?

EDT.
    i also unzip the games for storage in my computer, could this have a negative affect? ive been told i need to unzip the games into the SD card

4. Evilmaster1985

Member Evilmaster1985 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    First of all it is very important to have the newwest firmware for you flashcart.
    If you updated to the latest version and still face trouble running the games:

You can try formatting the SD, sometimes formatting a SD card can fix trouble.
    Also you can try to download a new version of the rom it could be that the one(s) you use now are corrupted?

Else make sure you properly unpacked your roms.
    Correctly extracted NDS roms are in: *.NDS format.

Else try re-naming the rom.
    Some flashcarts have trouble using long names or names with wierd signs such as: &-+ ect.

Greetz, Vistabuser.

5. shadow_hope
    OP

Australia
    Alright thanks! i try those things,
    hopefully they will work!
    thanks so much!

EDT.
    so far the names are all in .nds format (does it matter if it is in upper or lowercase, i didnt think so but it might [​IMG])
    i have also been taking the numbers out of the names, could this be another reason?

EDT. 2
    updating the Kernal hasnt worked either, so im going to try and format the SD card!

FORMATTING WORKED!!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    thanks so much for helping me out!