Hardware Help! Network services unavailable (Switch CFW)

Crimson Cuttlefish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switch says network services are unavailable, which means I can't connect to the eShop to download games, which also means I cannot use the Homebrew Menu. This has essentially rendered my Switch useless. I've reset the Switch to factory settings, cleared my network settings twice, and connected to my phone's hotspot. I'm not banned, I don't get a ban message when I try to connect, just that "network services are temporarily unavailable." I remember this being the case for a little while now, but it's really an issue now that I reset my Switch (so I don't have anything in the main munu).
EDIT: The error code is 2124-4517

How can I fix this?

Thank you to anyone for any and all information pertaining to my issue.

EDIT: Nvm im banned lol

Last edited by Crimson Cuttlefish,

Undi

TRASH 悲しい天使
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Was sure your were banned, but just seen the post now.
Sorry for your loss.

Reactions: ds34

Crimson Cuttlefish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was sure your were banned, but just seen the post now.
Sorry for your loss.
Thank you for your condolences. I'm (for the most part) over it now though, I think it'll still sell for a decent lot (which was my intent from the beginning), due to its hackedness, and there's still XLink. Wish me luck!

Reactions: ds34 and Undi

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's not the first time that I hear of a case where it first says that the service is unavailable and later that the console is banned.

I've got a question: how long did it take until you got banned?

Crimson Cuttlefish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not the first time that I hear of a case where it first says that the service is unavailable and later that the console is banned.

I've got a question: how long did it take until you got banned?
Honestly? I've got no idea either when or how I got banned. It's been part of my Switch for a good long while now.

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Honestly? I've got no idea either when or how I got banned. It's been part of my Switch for a good long while now.
But since when does the Homebrew Menu need to connect to the network services? You said you can't use Homebrew menu because you can't access eShop which doesn't really make sense

Crimson Cuttlefish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But since when does the Homebrew Menu need to connect to the network services? You said you can't use Homebrew menu because you can't access eShop which doesn't really make sense
I needed to connect to the eShop to download an application, and from there I could launch the HB Menu by holding R. I since learned that I could use the Album, so everything is ok :)

Reactions: MeAndHax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya