Help needed with ModMii - missing CIOS files?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by WizardOfOdd, Aug 23, 2011.

Aug 23, 2011
  1. WizardOfOdd
    OP

Newcomer WizardOfOdd Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Hi, as per someone on here's suggestion, I'm re-modding my Wii using ModMii. Now I've encountered a problem that I just can't seem to work out.

I answer all the questions and ModMii downloads the required files I need. I stick it on my SD card, and everything is fine.

UNTIL - I get to the stage where I am using Multi Mod Manager to install all the IOS and CIOS. My generated guide tells me exactly which WADs I need to install. However, the WADs I need to install are NOT in the WAD folder. Everything seems to be there except the CIOS WADs. All the IOS are there, the shopping channel, the dark red system menu, the rest of them. It's just missing the CIOS WADs. I've tried this three times, and it has been the same every time. There is no error message in ModMii saying it couldn't download those files, indeed it actually says all the files were downloaded sucessfully. But they're just not in the WAD folder!!

Any ideas? I'm stumped! Thanks.

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    It works fine for me, run ModMii and try again. When you're done downloading and reading the download log page, type "O", to open the folder location, then browse the "wad" folder and you should see the cIOSs there.

3. WizardOfOdd
    OP

United Kingdom
    Nah they're just not there mate! It downloads everything but the cIOS files! Bizarro.

4. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    that really doesn't make any sense to me... weird

try downloading them from download page 4... it should behave the exact same way since its doing the same thing... but still

when it's downloading, is it erroring (ie. do u see yellow text?)

5. WizardOfOdd
    OP

United Kingdom
    Nope, green saying download successful or completed, whatever it usually says. No errors, nothing. You're right, it is weird!

6. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    look in the "temp" folder in modmii, some times they will show up there. i've had the same problem on occasions an i find them in that folder. though xflak is right this is weird.

7. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    Perhaps an anti-virus is silently removing the files?

Norton was hating on dpatch.exe, and the cIOS files were not generated.