HELP Needed. Stuck Launching DevMenu in Gateway Mode.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by JasonMoh, Nov 14, 2014.

1. JasonMoh
    OP

JasonMoh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2012
    Hello, everyone. How are you doing?

While I was trying to launch the DevMenu, I encountered a problem. I have latest gateway firmware v2.6 and when I launch DevMenu.3ds at emunand, bottom screen shows me black screen and "The Game Card was removed" error.

I have nothing but DevMenu.3ds in microSD, and I renamed the DevMenu.csu from SDK-2.3.4 to DevMenu.3ds. So, my core question is "how do I launch/install DevMenu in emunand?" and another question is "what is bbb menu (what bbb stands for) and how do I access it?"

I need some help on how to fix this error and it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2. acidmango

acidmango Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2014
    Canada
    bbb menu is big blue box's re-bannered DevMenu, which i believe is version 6.2(?)
    If I were you, I'd track down BigBlueMenu and use the .3DS from that package instead. It will probably solve your issues.

3. Reisyukaku

Reisyukaku Onii-sama~

Feb 11, 2014
    United States
    Check to make sure your red card SD isn't above 4GB I think.. for me personally, my 2GB FAT32 worked but my 16GB exFAT didnt.. other people said it wasnt the formatting, others said it wasnt the size, but idk, just try a different card nonetheless.

just like you were doing, just with a different card

Its the DevMenu that was released by the group 'BigBlueBox'.. all they did was decrypt a 5.x devmenu and slap their logo on it, lol.. so its up to you wether you want 2.x or 5.x

4. Queno138

Queno138 Ravens

Sep 18, 2010
    Senegal
    Luigi's Dark Mansion
    I'm on Sandisk Ultra 32GB Class 10, using exFAT, for my red card.
    So like Reisyukaku said, works for some and not others..

I'll throw in "make sure your sd isn't fake" and "buy from a trusted retailer"

I'll still suggest using BigBlueMenu cause it's stable as f***.

5. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    my 64GB exfat can launch it fine so size isnt the problem

6. rissos

rissos Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2014
    Switzerland
    I have a similar problem when trying to boot devmenu (both BBB and the "regular" one), however my message is "An error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart". I noticed it only happens on my 128 gb SD card, not on my others. I was wondering if this is specific to my SD cards brand (which is not a very good one... but heck, it was cheap), or that devmenu's has a maximum capacity limitations