Help needed setting up CNDSTT

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Derekp, Feb 23, 2009.

Feb 23, 2009

Help needed setting up CNDSTT by Derekp at 11:27 PM (1,372 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Derekp
    OP

Newcomer Derekp Newbie

Ireland
    Hello all, I apologise if I'm posting in the wrong place but I'm new here.
    I need some help setting up my CNDSTT which I got today. I'd like to know if someone could tell me step by step what's the best way of setting it up.
    The best firmware to use and so on to, Sorry for my noobness. I've never tried anything like this before and I'm afraid of messing up. Thanks in advance.

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    To set up your (possibly fake) DSTT for the first time, follow these directions:[*]Use the Panasonic formatter to reformat your microSD card: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/d..._formatter.html[*]Grab the official 1.17 menu from here (but do NOT install TTMENU.DAT from it as it contains the fake-killer code!!!): http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4476[*]Copy the TTMENU folder (but not TTMENU.DAT) from the official firmware to your microSD card.[*]Grab this archive: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4086[*]Copy TTMENU.DAT from the archive to your microSD card (that version has the fake-killer code disabled). Optional: copy DsttFlashChecker.nds to your microSD card.[*]Make a folder named "games" on your microSD card. Copy 2 or 3 games (.nds files) to the new "games" folder.[*]Run "safely remove hardware", select your microSD reader in the list, and press STOP before removing your microSD card from your PC.[*]Insert your DSTT into the NDS. Insert your microSD card into the DSTT. Turn on the NDS.[*]You should see a menu with your games and the DsttFlashChecker program listed (if you installed it). You can run DsttFlashChecker if you installed it to see if you have a real or a fake DSTT.[*]You should be able to run your games now. Always keep the following in mind:
    • Always leave some free space on your microSD card for save files and system files.
    • Always put games into your "games" folder. Also, put homebrew into a folder. Leave as few files as possible on the root of your microSD card.
    • Always use "safely remove hardware" to remove your microSD card from your PC.
    • Use the Panasonic formatter if you ever have to reformat.
    • Make sure you don't use the official TTMENU.DAT (particularly if you have a fake) because it contains fake-killer code.
    Note that yours is definitely a fake, so you can skip the optional part of step 5 and you can skip step 9.

-Bri

3. paul3100

Member paul3100 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    hi

paul

EDIT: beaten to it lol and good job too as thats much moe detail :-)

4. Derekp
    OP

Newcomer Derekp Newbie

Ireland
    Thanks for all the very helpful Bri I appreciate it

5. Derekp
    OP

Newcomer Derekp Newbie

Ireland
    lol Thanks to you to Paul I sometimes need to be told more than once anyway