[Help Needed] Persona Q DLC Undubbing

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Canzah, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Canzah
    OP

Canzah GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2012
    Poland
    Hey there.

Some of you may remember me for working on the SMT4, Devil Survivor and Persona Q Undubs.
    I disappeared for a while after that, but now I dusted off my 3DS and decided to finish what I started, namely undub the SMT4 cutscenes (which wasn't possible back then) and the PQ DLCs. I've got SMT4 cutscenes already in the pipeline and figured out, but PQ DLCs is another story.

This is where I need help.

Long story short, I got my hands on JP and US versions of the DLCs and through a roundabout way managed to extract data from both, get the JP voices from the JP ones, unpack the CPKs contained in US DLC and put the JP voices in there (thus undubbing them) and even repack the CPKs, but that's as far as I got.

I need help in repacking the DLCs themselves and then back into CIA and frankly from what I tried tinkering with it just didn't work. On picture below you can see my extracted(?) CIA and a bunch of DecryptedApp files. I amanged to unpack them through a roundabout way using HackingToolkit3DS NCCH partition extraction thing (that's how I got to the CPK files contained within) but now I'd like to recreate those with my modified CPKs included and I've got no idea how.

[​IMG]

If anyone knowledgeable enough can help, I'd really appreciate it.

PS. If the tool I mentioned is not allowed to be mention here I'll edit my post accordingly, just please let me know.

Last edited by Canzah, Sep 24, 2016
    MarkDarkness likes this.
  2. Canzah
    OP

Canzah GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2012
    Poland
    Really, does nobody know? All I need is to repack stuff back into those NCCH partitions but I don't know how.

I beg you guys.

Edit:
    Well after ardously trying to figure the damn things out, I managed to repack them into more or less working form, you can find the undubbed DLC in CIA DLC section of the usual 3DS scene website.
    There is a minor problem though in that the DLC appears in 3DS' settings addons section as "?" with 0 block size, basically incorrect information is being disaplayed (but the DLC works fine). If anyone knows and wants to help me out how to actually repack them properly and not with a hacky way I did it then please do tell.

Last edited by Canzah, Sep 25, 2016
  3. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    I'm looking into re-packing now to see if I can fix the Block Issue and such, had no problem repacking DLC in the past with a mix of tools, feel bad that I missed this post, only ended up here after seeing the release.

Been too focused on the VITA scene the past couple of weeks.

4. Canzah
    OP

Canzah GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2012
    Poland
    Are you by any chance Gun-Nut from the other website? Same avatar and all.
    Anyhow if you end up writing a guide that would be great since there's guides on grabbing DLCs from Nintendo's CDN, guides on repacking CIA games and such but I haven't seen a single one pertaining to actually repacking DLC CIAs.
    With that said, if you're Gun-Nut then thanks for repack this undub of mine.

5. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    I am indeed Gun-Nut from that other site, no idea why I went with a different name tend to go by this one, ah well, made sure I had the same avatar for those who cared.

Opted for a Video, hopefully its helps, easier to find the time for a quick 10 minute video vs writing a text tutorial.

Canzah likes this.
  6. Canzah
    OP

Canzah GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2012
    Poland
    Thank you for this, it will definitely help me out in the future.