Help needed. How do I setup my PS4 Pro without a Dualshock 4 controller?

Tomtani1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a PS4 Pro. I initialized the PS4 Pro. Now I am at the setup screen. It wants me to connect a Dualshock 4 controller using a usb cable and the press the PS button. I don't have a real Dualshock 4 controller. I used a Nacon Revolution Unlimited Pro controller (wired usb) and it does not recognize the PS button when pressed. I also used my PS3 move controller (wired usb) and it also does not recognize the PS button when pressed. Note: Both were working fine with the PS4 Pro console prior to me initializing the PS4 Pro console. I just need to get past the PS button. I also tried using a usb kayboard and pressing the pause/break button but it did not work.

slxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yep... you need a Dualshock 4 controller... sadly your controllers will work after setting up the PS4.

Tomtani1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep... you need a Dualshock 4 controller... sadly your controllers will work after setting up the PS4.
I see a lot of people selling NEW fake PS4 controllers. They looked just like the real Sony Dualshock 4 controllers. Can I use one of the fake PS4 controllers to setup the PS4 console?

folber

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm setting up my brother ps4 but ii have no controller the is connected to his ps4 and the usb doesn't work bc it's an old controller I'm stuck on the ps screen z help

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm setting up my brother ps4 but ii have no controller the is connected to his ps4 and the usb doesn't work bc it's an old controller I'm stuck on the ps screen z help
Buy, borrow or steal a controller. There is no other way.

If it’s a legit controller: try another cable, it needs to be a DATA cable not just a cheap charging cable.

Reactions: Hayato213

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy, borrow or steal a controller. There is no other way.

If it’s a legit controller: try another cable, it needs to be a DATA cable not just a cheap charging cable.
Steal is a bit excessive, but borrowing would do. Maybe buy from a second hand store and then return it.

Personally, I'm not a fan of DS4 controllers and rather prefer the PS5 fakes for PS4, so if I come across a PS4 with 900 or less I'll need to keep this in mind (if they don't work/aren't recognized).

Update: My T29 controller is recognized as a DualShock 4 (I tested on Safe Mode).

Last edited by Marc_LFD,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night