Hacking Help needed for newbie

shafitvm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I recently bought DSi XL from amazon. I got my Acekard2i from lightake.com -> http://lightake.com/detail.do/sku.Acekard_...NDSL_NDSi-21154

My DSi XL has the firmware version 1.4u.

What i did was got the latest AKAIO from http://filetrip.net/f21926-AKAIO-1-8-1.html and extracted the contents and copied the two files in the root folder of the micro sd card. The two files are __aio and akmenu4.nds. I also got the latest loader from the link http://akaio.gbatemp.net/nloaders/ and copied the loader into __aio/loaders. Then i inserted the card in the ak2i and the inserted the ak2i in the slot in DSi XL.

When i switch on i do get the ak2i logo in the DSi menu. When i select the icon both the screens go blank and in the lower screen i get the error "an error has occurred. press and hold the power button to turn the system off. please see the nintendo dsi operations manual for help troubleshooting"

What am i supposed to do now? Is this because the flash card is defective?

Please help me.

Shafi

shafitvm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I dont have access to any other kinds of NDS. Is this because the firmware of my DSi XL is 1.4? But acekard2i already have fix for 1.4 firmware. I wont be able you use this?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
shafitvm said:
I dont have access to any other kinds of NDS. Is this because the firmware of my DSi XL is 1.4? But acekard2i already have fix for 1.4 firmware. I wont be able you use this?
Do you have another DSi flashcard?
And if it's showing the AK2i Logo and not Alex Rider Stormbreaker, then the Acekard was not updated

shafitvm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
OK when you mean Acekard is not updated you mean to say that the internal firmware of AK2i is not updated?

How does a Alex Rider Stormbreaker look like?

I think i will have to order a new one from shoptemp with their flashing service. Will that wrk properly?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The internal firmware, yes. If it's updated then it will show an icon other than the acekard 2 icon in a DSi.

If it's updated to bypass 1.4 it'll show Danny Phantom, if it's updated to bypass 1.4.1 it'll show Alex Rider.

The icon that shows up on the DSi itself that you choose to start the game/cart, you can't miss it.
tongue.gif

Yes, you will either need to update it with a DS/Lite, or buy another one with the flashing option.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
shafitvm said:
OK when you mean Acekard is not updated you mean to say that the internal firmware of AK2i is not updated?

How does a Alex Rider Stormbreaker look like?

I think i will have to order a new one from shoptemp with their flashing service. Will that wrk properly?
Step-6.jpg

And yeah that would be a better option, unless you know a friend with a DS you can barrow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-