Homebrew [HELP] n3DS not downgrading?

kambryy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a n3DS that I managed to get everything set up on so I can downgrade. Even up to getting a (working) prompt 90% of the time in SysUpdater. I press Y and it 'updates', but after it reboots, it's still on 10.3 firmware

I've tried reinstalling homebrew, getting fresh CIA files, re-upgrading firmware and even formatting the SD card, but nothing makes it work. I've had a friend helping me since I first started all this, and he cant figure it out either (he has it working on his 2DS). I feel like I've hit a roadblock here, so any suggestions?

kambryy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using menuhax, and I tried SafeSys but it reported a failed integrity of a.cia file (0004001000021000.cia -> FAIL). I just tried redownloading them from the proper site (also using teracopy) and checked the MD5 hash for both the zip and the file alone multiple times, but it still gives me the same error. It's frustrating that absolutely nothing is working

SANNIC789

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using menuhax, and I tried SafeSys but it reported a failed integrity of a.cia file (0004001000021000.cia -> FAIL). I just tried redownloading them from the proper site (also using teracopy) and checked the MD5 hash for both the zip and the file alone multiple times, but it still gives me the same error. It's frustrating that absolutely nothing is working
werd it shud werk :/ hhmmmm ummm i ges just keep triying

kambryy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, it's now occasionally getting past the prompt, but it gets stuck on "HAX SUCCESS! / init -> " . cia files are showing up fine on the file checker. I've also put SafeSys as my default boot.

kambryy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reading a bit more of the of the SafeSys thread, I think I've hit the point of just trying to break through the hangups. I'll keep trying.

Should I replace the firmware/re-upgrade once in a while to prevent frankenfirmware? Or is that a non-issue at this point

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?