Hacking [HELP!!] n3ds Gateway error: Installing Exploit Failed: 00000005 c86044cd

Pecrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
=====RESOLVED======
I used ninjhax to install Pasta CFW. W/ this I installed a Cubic Ninja cia file which allowed me to
boot into the Gateway Menu. All is good now, hope this helps other people.
=====RESOLVED======

I have a n3ds w/ 9.2.0 and using gateway.

I had it all working, emunand on 9.5, and also pasta cfw. (using cubic ninja orig cartridge)

My last change was modifying the language setting on the emunand. I exited out and when I tryed to get back into gateway via cubic ninja I get this error:

" Gateway 3ds cubic ninja installer
Installing Exploit
Failed: 00000005 c86044cd"

I have already reset sysnand, reset cubic ninja, reset SD card, tried launcher file from 3.2.2 and 3.3 of gateway and it is not working. When I had pasta cfw installed I tried to launch it and it got stuck in a black screen.

I am still getting the same gateway error. Does anyone know what this error means? Can someone please help?

==edit==

I do have backups of sysnand and emunand. How can I restore sysnand from backup if I can't launch gateway?

Last edited by Pecrow,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a n3ds w/ 9.2.0 and using gateway.

I had it all working, emunand on 9.5, and also pasta cfw. (using cubic ninja orig cartridge)

My last change was modifying the language setting on the emunand. I exited out and when I tryed to get back into gateway via cubic ninja I get this error:

" Gateway 3ds cubic ninja installer
Installing Exploit
Failed: 00000005 c86044cd"

I have already reset sysnand, reset cubic ninja, reset SD card, tried launcher file from 3.2.2 and 3.3 of gateway and it is not working. When I had pasta cfw installed I tried to launch it and it got stuck in a black screen.

I am still getting the same gateway error. Does anyone know what this error means? Can someone please help?

==edit==

I do have backups of sysnand and emunand. How can I restore sysnand from backup if I can't launch gateway?
this happened to me at one point try this
start cubic ninja
clear the save with L+R+X+Y
play a level save then exit the game to the dashboard and shutdown
turn on your 3ds start cubic ninja
clear the save again
exit to the home menu eject the cart and shutdown the 3ds
then turn it back on put cubic ninja back in a rescan the proper qr code
if you still get that error or a purple screen all I can say is keep trying im not sure if this is an error in gateways launcher or a problem with the server thats sends the payload.

Pecrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
start cubic ninja
play a level save then exit the game to the dashboard and shutdown
turn on your 3ds start cubic ninja
clear the save again
exit to the home menu eject the cart and shutdown the 3ds
then turn it back on put cubic ninja back in a rescan the proper qr code
if you still get that error or a purple screen all I can say is keep trying im not sure if this is an error in gateways launcher or a problem with the server thats sends the payload.
Thx for the reply.
I tried it and continue to get same error. Ill keep trying to see if maybe it works. If anyone else has an additional update it will be helpful as well

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

New finding. I took out the SD card from the DS, and tried to use cubic ninja to scan the qr code again, and I got the same error. wierd. Trying a few things with the SD card.

==edit==

No go, I tried re-formating the sd a number of times, Finally set it as fat 32, 32kb, and set it as primary partition. The DS does detect the card, and created files on it, so the SD adapter is not bad (my thought for a moment) but I still get the same error. Will continue trying.

==edit==

Pasta CFW is working, will try a few additional things to see how it goes

==edit==

Still having issues, any idea to launch gateway's Launcher file via homebrew channel? at least I can get pasta cfw loading. That's a start

==Edit==

If I try loading the Japan Cubic Ninja QR Code it crashes cubic ninja back to the main menu, If i try again the US/EUR Cubic Ninja QR Code it brings me back to the same error.

==edit==

I my CN/SD configured with ninjhax 1 configured, I used this same ninjhax cart to configure a custom theme on my gf's 3ds (had to use ninjhax 2.0 as hers is on 9.9 - different 3ds/sd) I then changed cleared the 3ds saved came for CN and tried to configure it again for ninjhax 1. Might this be the problem? Might there be some traces of ninjhax 2.0 on the cartridge? None of the files on my SD were modified, so I still have ninjhax 1 files.

==edit==

Since I can launch pasta cfw, couldnt I install an old Internet Browser version to launch the gateway menu via the internet browser? What internet browser version would I need for this? I now have 1.0.9934

==edit==
Any way to launch gateway menu via homebrew launcher?

==edit==

Had a great idea, using pasta cfw to install cubic ninja cia file. will then launch gateway via the cia file of cn, will update with results.

===edit==

It WORKED!!! I am so happy right now. This is a nice workaround for other people having this issue.

Last edited by Pecrow,

Pecrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
start cubic ninja

I resolved (worked around) the issue :)

I used ninjhax to install Pasta CFW. W/ this I installed a Cubic Ninja cia file which allowed me to
boot into the Gateway Menu. All is good now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.