Hacking HELP! My DVDX is gone :(

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, sometime Friday morning I (while testing a CiosCorp configuration) "corrupted my system files". Luckily I had preloader installed so I simply went back to the Homebrew Channel and downgraded to 3.2 and upgraded back to 4.0 (with my original CiosCorp config before the corruption). Then I decided to check to see if my DVDX was working and heres where I have the problem. Its not working
frown.gif
I used the original installer and it says installation complete but I get nothing in any of the media players and then I uninstalled from that same installer and installed from the DVDX made for 3.4. I get the same installation complete message but no luck with that either. Im trying movies that I know work with DVDX and they're not even showing. Thats when I decided to downgrade back to 3.2 again, install DVDX and then go back up to 4.0 so about a half hour ago I downgraded and its STILL not working (both installers) and not Im so freggin tired I'm going back up again. Does anyone know if a DVDX installer was ever made for 4.0 I really miss being able to watch my collection of tv show data disc.
frown.gif

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd try removing dvdx with AnyTitle Deleter, then reinstall it.

I just tried the original dvdx installer on 4.0 and it seems to work if you run IOS downgrader first.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
piratesmack said:

I just tried the original dvdx installer on 4.0 and it seems to work if you run IOS downgrader first.

Wouldnt using the IOS Downgrader require me to downgrade AGAIN? Ive already downgraded and upgraded twice in less than 24 hours, its gets tiring after the first time
sleep.gif
'

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
piratesmack said:

Wouldnt using the IOS Downgrader require me to downgrade AGAIN? Ive already downgraded and upgraded twice in less than 24 hours, its gets tiring after the first time
sleep.gif
'

No, IOS downgrader downgrades most of your IOS's to the corresponding versions with the Trucha bug.
It doesn't downgrade your System Menu or the IOS it uses, so it doesn't downgrade your firmware.

cIOS downgrader is what downgrades your firmware.

invu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DVDx works on 4.0?

May be a little off topic, but it is possible to install DVDx and mplayerCE on a virgin Wii with 4.0?
A friend asked me a few days ago and I told him that it's not, because twilight hack doesn't work on 4.0...

Again, sorry for off topic, but any info would be much appreciated.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
piratesmack said:
LightyKD said:
piratesmack said:

sleep.gif
'

No, IOS downgrader downgrades most of your IOS's to the corresponding versions with the Trucha bug.
It doesn't downgrade your System Menu or the IOS it uses, so it doesn't downgrade your firmware.

cIOS downgrader is what downgrades your firmware.

OK so I tried the IOS Downgrader (After using Any Title Deleter to delete DVDX) and then tried to reinstall and I has no luck with that and then I Tried Downgrading to 3.2U, uninstalling DVDX and using the IOS Downgrader on top of all of that and and I still had no luck so now I'm back on 4.0 I swear, since moving to 4.0 it feels like One major step forward 2 steps back. I keep backuploading and gain SDHC support yet Ive lose Region Free loading and DVD movie support
frown.gif
*ginormous sigh*

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on my last brain cell with this problem. I tried downgrading to 3.2 again and used the iso downgrader after that installed the normal DVDX and had no luck, uninstalled that version of DVDX and installed the one made for 3.4x and had no luck with that one. Someone PLEASE help me!!!

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the USB2.0 cIOS installed (either IOS202 or IOS222)? If that's the case you need to do an advanced install of DVDX to either IOS202 or 222.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Do you have the USB2.0 cIOS installed (either IOS202 or IOS222)? If that's the case you need to do an advanced install of DVDX to either IOS202 or 222.

doesnt matter now because i just f***ing bricked my system trying to get DVDX to work
frown.gif
I just called nintendo and I wont have my Wii for the next week or so. BTW I had the USB cios installed and you're the FIRST person whos told me that. i wish I knew that about 3 days ago i would have tried that first!

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How'd you brick it?

EDIT: Oh wow, too bad you found out about it just now. I'm pretty sure the Wiibrew page tells you about the DVDX thing, though if you had the IOS222 version you wouldn't have gotten it from Wiibrew.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
How'd you brick it?

EDIT: Oh wow, too bad you found out about it just now. I'm pretty sure the Wiibrew page tells you about the DVDX thing, though if you had the IOS222 version you wouldn't have gotten it from Wiibrew.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The system will turn on and the drive will spin but I get no picture. I was reading about the recovery menu and its great and all but i have two issues with it. a) i dont have a triwing screw driver to open my GameCube pad and B) if I do open the pad and get the menu, I dont have a higher FW to upgrade with since 4.0 is the highest FW

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So something failed when you tried installing CIOSCORP? I don't think the recovery menu would do you much good if you couldn't autoboot discs anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: