OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi everybody,

i really need to get that cboot2 wad then we need to downgrade wii by bootmii

or can someone help me to create a dol or elf to launch wadmanager directly by bootmiii

thks

by histo i wanted to hack a wii 3.4€ but the cios 60 was corompt to each attemp so i was trying to uninstall then reinstalling the cios 60 but before reinstalling

black screen

saved i have bootmiii but i need to use cboot2 rev 16 to downgrade then upgrade my wii

thk for help

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm, you probably don't need to downgrade and then upgrade your Wii. Reinstalling the System Menu and/or its IOS should suffice.

And I'm not entirely sure what you did to screw things up in the first place. Why were you installing and uninstalling IOS60 when System Menu 3.4 runs off of IOS50? Either way, uninstalling either IOS50 or IOS60 is a no-no and you shouldn't do that. Ever.

ghostdogjp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fenrirwolf ,

thks to reply

i know i mess up but like i haved bootmii install an that ios60 doesn't stopped to e corrompt i thinked it was no problem

neverless my problem now is

that wad mnger isn' compatible GC controler ans is the only stuff running since the wiimote doesn't sync

please help

trsspidey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can Cboot2 work if you can only install bootmii as an IOS? (installing to boot2 is not an option for me
mad.gif
)

trsspidey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I'm sorry but I was hoping someone could give me a quick rundown on what Cboot2 actually is and how it works.

My understanding of it was that if you have bootmii installed and then have cboot2 on sd card, You simply have the sd card present with cboot2 and it will load cboot2. Cboot2 will then boot up some app directly at the boot process (one would desire wadmanager or cios installer).

Or is this wrong?

Does cboot2 install a custom boot2 to the boot2 location on the actual wii? At which point the wii would just turn into a machine to boot what ever the cboot is (wadmanager or cios installer). Would this be impossible for those who can't install bootmii to boot2?

gah, sorry I'm having a hard time understanding. There is a strange lack of tutorial or readme for this file and what it does and how it works.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cboot2 is an armboot.bin file that gets launched by BootMii (either at boot2 or IOS254, doesn't matter which). It doesn't actually install anything into your Wii.

trsspidey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for the speedy reply. I was thrown off by the "cboot2 installer" bit. So then what is getting installed? And where is it getting installed to if not the wii?

How can cboot2 boot at startup only using the IOS? I thought that was the drawback of only being able to install as an ios. Bootmii couldn't start up early in the process at boot2... but how can cboot2 do it?????
unsure.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "installer" is an app that compiles the armboot.bin for you when you feed it bits of IOS36 and boot2v2. But there's a thread where you can get it precompiled and avoid having to mess with it yourself.

The answer to the second question is that it doesn't. If you have BootMii/boot2 then cboot2 launches on startup. Just like normal BootMii does. If you only have BootMii/IOS, then cboot2 can only be launched from the HBC. Just like normal BootMii does.

The only thing different is the armboot.bin file on your card. The actual method of executing said file is exactly the same.

trsspidey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Wolf!

Very last question I promise... but I thought the whole point of using cboot2 was to do something before any of the wii's IOS start up and block any action that I would want to take. If I launch cboot2 from the the HBC the way I would bootmii... then I'm already waaay into the whole wii boot process and isn't it blocking me from uninstalling IOS 249 stub or installing cios?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ghostdogjp said:
fenrirwolf ,

thks to reply

i know i mess up but like i haved bootmii install an that ios60 doesn't stopped to e corrompt i thinked it was no problem

that wad mnger isn' compatible GC controler ans is the only stuff running since the wiimote doesn't sync

please help

just get a mod of wad manager that is compatible with a GC controller and replace the dol file

ghostdogjp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
ghostdogjp said:
fenrirwolf ,

thks to reply

please help

just get a mod of wad manager that is compatible with a GC controller and replace the dol file

please could you give ma a place where i can upload one

thks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDJhdhkd0w0