Hacking Help me with Haxchi, please

solace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Okay so basically I have this channel that I installed over my ds vc ages ago and for your info the icon is light blue with bubbles and a white lower case h and that's it. I was wondering what this is because I swear I installed Haxchi and not this.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The icon you describe is the icon of the homebrew launcher channel for the wii u used to launch homebrew applications off the sd card as the name implies. Have a look here for more info. To get a better understanding of HaxChi I recommend reading this FAQ

solace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The icon you describe is the icon of the homebrew launcher channel for the wii u used to launch homebrew applications off the sd card as the name implies. Have a look here for more info. To get a better understanding of HaxChi I recommend reading this FAQ
Alright thank you, also I was wondering if there is any way I could get in touch with Dimok, he has made a spelling mistake in his program that bothers me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I couldn't find any info that was actually helpful, I was wondering if I could install the channel haxchi OVER the homebrew launcher DS VC to remove homebrew launcher and use just haxchi.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The HBL channel doesn't use a DS title. If it's the channel you installed you can go ahead and remove it. Just don't mess with HaxChi if you use CBHC. If you don't have cold boot HaxChi then you can remove HaxChi by deleting the DS title from data management and then just reinstall HaxChi by going to the eshop and redownloading the DS title. Then reinstall HaxChi over the top of it.

solace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The HBL channel doesn't use a DS title. If it's the channel you installed you can go ahead and remove it. Just don't mess with HaxChi if you use CBHC. If you don't have cold boot HaxChi then you can remove HaxChi by deleting the DS title from data management and then just reinstall HaxChi by going to the eshop and redownloading the DS title. Then reinstall HaxChi over the top of it.
You are one of the most knowledgable guys on this part of temp, Ily so much. Also, how do I go about removing the channel if its on the ds vc, can I install haxchi over hbl? Or do I have to install it the original over brain training ds vc.

Last edited by solace,

solace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Dude can you please answer the question.

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, how do I go about removing the channel if its on the ds vc, can I install haxchi over hbl? Or do I have to install it the original over brain training ds vc.
I think you missed the part where Kafluke said
The HBL channel doesn't use a DS title.

The HBL channel is installed using WUPInstaller and is NOT installed over a DS VC title. You are confused and need to read some more. Haxchi needs a legitimately purchased game and your HBL is not it. Unless you just changed the icon for your Haxchi install to the HBL channel icon, then that's a different story

Last edited by dojafoja,

solace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think you missed the part where Kafluke said

The HBL channel is installed using WUPInstaller and is NOT installed over a DS VC title. You are confused and need to read some more. Haxchi needs a legitimately purchased game and your HBL is not it.
Photo on 11-01-2018 at 9.54 PM.jpg

That is what installed when I tried to install haxchi months ago, if I hold my finger on it it says "homerew launcher" yes, homerew, it was a typo by a creator.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude can you please answer the question.
I read these forums during my work breaks. I'm sorry if I didn't immediately answer. You need to give people time to reply.

First and foremost you need to understand some things about Wii U hacking and then try to give us your best answer. From the picture above it looks like you have a modified HaxChi install with a custom icon and title. This is not what the HBL channel looks like.

1. The most important question. Do you have CBHC installed? When you boot up your wii U do you see any text on the gamepad saying autoboot? If yes, stop right now and report back. If no then move on to step 2.
2. Download the latest HaxChi files and put them on your SD card. Change the config.txt file in SD:\HaxChi folder so it looks like this:
  • a=fw.img
    b=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
    default=sysmenu
3. Go to your data management screen and delete the DS game that you purchased from the eshop originally. (again, check step 1 first because if you have CBHC and you do this then you are bricked)
4. Go back to the eshop and re-download the original DS game that you purchased for HaxChi. Install to system memory only.
5. Launch Homebrew Launcher through browserhax (visit loadiine.ovh)
6. Once you are in HBL install HaxChi over the DS game you just re-downloaded.
7. Now when you tap the HaxChi icon you will be in CFW.
8. Download the latest HBL official channel here.
9. Copy the files to the "install" folder on the root of your SD card.
10. Boot your Wii U and first tap HaxChi. This will put you in CFW mode on the Wii U System Menu.
11. Tap HaxChi again but this time hold "b". This will boot you into HBL but in CFW mode.
12. Use WUP Installer to install the HBL channel.
13. Now you can just tap HBL channel to get into HBL (But you first have to tap HaxChi after booting normally. HBL channel won't work unless you are in CFW mode)

make sense?

Last edited by Kafluke,

solace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I read these forums during my work breaks. I'm sorry if I didn't immediately answer. You need to give people time to reply.

First and foremost you need to understand some things about Wii U hacking and then try to give us your best answer. From the picture above it looks like you have a modified HaxChi install with a custom icon and title. This is not what the HBL channel looks like.

1. The most important question. Do you have CBHC installed? When you boot up your wii U do you see any text on the gamepad saying autoboot? If yes, stop right now and report back. If no then move on to step 2.
2. Download the latest HaxChi files and put them on your SD card. Change the config.txt file in SD:\HaxChi folder so it looks like this:
  • a=fw.img
    b=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
    default=sysmenu
3. Go to your data management screen and delete the DS game that you purchased from the eshop originally. (again, check step 1 first because if you have CBHC and you do this then you are bricked)
4. Go back to the eshop and re-download the original DS game that you purchased for HaxChi. Install to system memory only.
5. Launch Homebrew Launcher through browserhax (visit loadiine.ovh)
6. Once you are in HBL install HaxChi over the DS game you just re-downloaded.
7. Now when you tap the HaxChi icon you will be in CFW.
8. Download the latest HBL official channel here.
9. Copy the files to the "install" folder on the root of your SD card.
10. Boot your Wii U and first tap HaxChi. This will put you in CFW mode on the Wii U System Menu.
11. Tap HaxChi again but this time hold "b". This will boot you into HBL but in CFW mode.
12. Use WUP Installer to install the HBL channel.
13. Now you can just tap HBL channel to get into HBL (But you first have to tap HaxChi after booting normally. HBL channel won't work unless you are in CFW mode)

make sense?
Yes, first and foremost I am sorry, I didn't know you were working. Secondly I am on 5.5.2 so can I use sleepii? Thirdly many things on my usb and nand were installed through this channel in wup installer, they wont brick my wii u when I delete it right? Anyway thanks so much this helps a lot.

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm thinking you probably downloaded some unofficial package or something. The confusion is coming from the fact that what you are showing us is not the default Haxchi icon. So you either changed it yourself before you installed it or you downloaded Haxchi from somewhere other than official sources. Either way it caused confusion since it looks similar to the default HBL channel icon. Also, dimok is not responsible for the typo you see. That's from whoever changed the config prior to the install.

solace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm thinking you probably downloaded some unofficial package or something. The confusion is coming from the fact that what you are showing us is not the default Haxchi icon. So you either changed it yourself before you installed it or you downloaded Haxchi from somewhere other than official sources. Either way it caused confusion since it looks similar to the default HBL channel icon. Also, dimok is not responsible for the typo you see. That's from whoever changed the config prior to the install.
Yeah I've re installed haxchi with the official download and it working in order now.

Reactions: LinkFan16

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, first and foremost I am sorry, I didn't know you were working. Secondly I am on 5.5.2 so can I use sleepii? Thirdly many things on my usb and nand were installed through this channel in wup installer, they wont brick my wii u when I delete it right? Anyway thanks so much this helps a lot.
No brick risks if you follow my steps I listed.

nickerous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure I have the same install on my wii u. I hit that "h" icon, then load mocha before running my nintendont or Zelda backup. If I am not on the latest firmware, should I follow those steps to correct my haxchi install? Is there any benefit to not being on the latest firmware?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure I have the same install on my wii u. I hit that "h" icon, then load mocha before running my nintendont or Zelda backup. If I am not on the latest firmware, should I follow those steps to correct my haxchi install? Is there any benefit to not being on the latest firmware?
5.5.1 and 5.5.2 will work. You will just have to use NNU Patcher before going on the eshop to redownload you DS game for HaxChi.

Also you don't need Mocha anymore if you have HaxChi

nickerous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I haven’t done anything yet, but if I understand correctly, I don’t have to update in order to redownload my ds game to reinstall haxchi? What about my backup Zelda botw and Nintendont channel I have installed. Can I leave those or should I delete before reinstalling haxchi?

nickerous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, if I reinstall haxchi with NNU Patcher, will it mess up my EUR installed backup game or the Nintendont forwarder?

nickerous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I deleted my ds game, ran nnupatcher and got into the eshop on 5.5.1, but when I go to download NSMB again, it stays as pending behind a system update error within download management....how can I get NSMB to download?

Edit: never mind, found the answer and finally got a real haxchi installed. Thanks everyone!

Last edited by nickerous,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1