Hacking Help me to configure SSE for dosbox - Castlevânia X

Enigma Hall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, i want really bad to play this game with my vita. Why? For Maria of course. Not the mod Maria with frurry powers of psp version.

Then I remember of being sucess to emulate Castlevânia X under ten years ago with a low pc with a emulator. I remember doing this with dos, but maybe I only dont remember right.

Researching i found SSE, a saturn emulador for dos. The oficial page says it runs castlevânia ok and my hope start here.

What I did so far.
Download SSE 070 DOS and put it in a /emulator/sse directory.
Download Dosbox 0.74 and install
Configurated cfg of dosbox to mount sse dir.
Put japanese bios inside bios directory and updated the sse cfg.
Put my backup DRACULA_X.bin and cue inside roms directory
download CWSDPMI.exe and CWSPARAM.exe. The emulator needs the first to work, but also try to acess a swapfile with i dont have at c:\cwsdpmi.swp. CWSPARAM i use to disable the swap file but i dont know what values put in the other options. Maybe this is the error. Anyway, the program return a error exit sigsegv.
But there´s also a catch. The emulator need a header file of the game. The 16 first sectors extrated to a file inside headers directory. A program comes with the emulator to do it, but need a lib from old cd drive systems to work, no sucess under win 8.1.
Also the documentation say about use CDRWIN as a alternative, but i dont know how to.
what i did was use a hexadecimal program called HxD and deleted all sectors beyond 15.

Can anyone give it a try? If it run with doxbox we can try the retroark versiion.

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is not happening the way you want it to. even yabause is going to develop faster than any chance of that working

Enigma Hall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
this is for dos, i only need this runing with the pc first, then becomes easy try it for vita and see. And yabause run other games but not castlevânia.

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DOSBOX doesn't even work yet on the Vita and you're wanting to do something that isn't going to even work well on a PC with it.

"easy" doesn't come into the equation at any point but you're welcome to try and prove me wrong

Enigma Hall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SSE works, but is for a old plataform, and at a good speed because dont need a powerfull system. I dont have a old pc and dont know how to configure dosbox to emulate it. Someone here maybe knows better and can give it a try. That was my steps, and thats why I had choose this emulator.

Last edited by Enigma Hall,

TakuyaZack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
i remember saying this already

If you're gonna emulate dos games, the vita needs to emulate a x86 processor, and to run saturn games, you need to emulate 2 of the SH-2 processor. which is a RISC processor

Arm > X86 > RISC

Even if it runs, good luck getting more than 0.1fps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill