Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
OK fellows
smile.gif

I'm a muslim, and as Muslims every Eid, the youngest generation in a family receives a "Eidiyya" (not an English word, tried to type it in the most suitable way)
Eidiyya's are basically a huge load of cash the uncles, parents, grandparents give to all their grandkids, nephews/nieces/kids whatever.
I've gotten approx $300 Last eid and have a few savings from before. Next Eid is real soon and I wanna buy 2 big things with the money from my savings + both eids.
Okay I can buy 2 out of the three following things.
-Sony HandyCam (Haven't decided exactly which one but it's one of the tiny new HD ones cause my old non HD HandyCam's screen stopped working plus the new HD ones have wireless compatibility with my HD Sony Bravia)
-Nintendo 3DS (when it comes out. I know most of you will pick this
tongue.gif
)
-A bundle of Kinect + Xbox Slim (Guys I know most of you hate Kinect but I am a REALLY big fan of motion games and I look forward to get an xbox to join my CoD friends)

Vote vote vote!
biggrin.gif

I'll buy the top 2 with most votes.

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
2 votes for 3DS
No votes for HandyCam
frown.gif

1 vote for xbox + Kinect

Btw guys I'm gonna add one more thing, a skateboard. I hope to get one of the best models, but still deciding.
I don't think i can edit the poll so if you wish to vote for Skateboard please put a post and I'll count it as a vote.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My votes are a 3DS and an 360 without krapnect. For the cost of kinnect...you could buy SEVERAL awesome games.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm with Hells Malice on this one. Get a 360, but if you do like the look of Kinect at least wait until it has some games worth mentioning. All it'll have for a while are casual-themed minigame compilations a la Wii Sports/Party/Anything. Personally I think Kinect has some potential but it's not gonna show for some considerable time. Same goes for Move.

The 3DS on the other hand looks supremely badass and has Ocarina of Time and Lylat Wars in your pocket, what more could you ask for? Oh, how about Metal Gear, Resident Evil, Kid Ikarus, Dead Or Alive, Mario Kart and the newly announced Professor Layton VS Ace Attourney? The 3DS is gonna be THE SHIT. I'm already saving for mine.

TheTwoR's

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
trumpet-205 said:
Even though Kinect is not as good when compare to PS3 Move or Wii, Xbox 360 still has some game you can play with.

Whoa duude? Are you kidding me? xD
Search Youtube for project natal (that was kinect before it's name was changed) and you can see some pretty sweet stuff about Kinect. Way cooler than PS move and the motion sensing of the Wii.

Hells Malice said:
My votes are a 3DS and an 360 without krapnect. For the cost of kinnect...you could buy SEVERAL awesome games.

Actually I intend to get the bundle of Kinect + Xbox Slim + Kinect Adventures game for just $399. That's REALLY cheap compared to prices here. If you get $399 here, you can only get the xbox slim alone with that money and only if the seller gives you a good deal.
I really look forward to it.

Blaze163 said:
I'm with Hells Malice on this one. Get a 360, but if you do like the look of Kinect at least wait until it has some games worth mentioning. All it'll have for a while are casual-themed minigame compilations a la Wii Sports/Party/Anything. Personally I think Kinect has some potential but it's not gonna show for some considerable time. Same goes for Move.

The 3DS on the other hand looks supremely badass and has Ocarina of Time and Lylat Wars in your pocket, what more could you ask for? Oh, how about Metal Gear, Resident Evil, Kid Ikarus, Dead Or Alive, Mario Kart and the newly announced Professor Layton VS Ace Attourney? The 3DS is gonna be THE SHIT. I'm already saving for mine.

Oh god you made the 3DS sound like heaven in life.
And the 3DS has the most votes.
Most probably gonna get the 3DS. MOST PROBABLY.
I know Kinect might not have some good games and all it has are like Party, adventure, and happy family games but I actually sometimes like... enjoy that stuff. (Crap I think I'm the only one here who does)

QUOTE(emigre @ Oct 25 2010, 02:26 PM) Xbox 360 and 3DS sounds like a sweet bundle.

On another note, I was brought up as a muslim but got fuck all at Eid.

Hah..
tongue.gif

QUOTE(Infinite Zero @ Oct 25 2010, 04:30 PM)
Go for teh 3DS!
biggrin.gif

Maybe I should!
Oh sorta off-topic: Welcome back Infinite Zero! (I think you were gone for a while am I right?)

Anyways, I should've known, Xbox and 3DS are winning.
Only 4 votes for HandyCam. =/
Damn...
Btw if you guys don't know what HandyCam is (maybe that's why you didn't vote for it) it's a really good Video camera from Sony. I intend to buy and HD one that connects wirelessly to my beautiful Sony Bravia

TheTwoR's

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
OH GOD.
ohnoes.png

I'm definitely getting a 3DS so you guys only have to vote for either HandyCam or Xbox + Kinect bundle since believe it or not, they're tied 0_o .

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
ojsinnerz. said:
You can buy a PS3 with that money. Much better investment unless you like Spehs mareens in spehs and a few so-so games.

If not that, go for the handycam.
Is it just me or do I smell something.
unsure.gif

Though I would recommend 360 and 3ds, really a good bundle plus most games are in multi-platform so console-exclusive games are not really that many.

h0ser81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I voted for 3DS and Xbox360. Also how many other holidays are like this in Islam? Sounds like Eid beats the shit out of Christmas. I may have to convert. LoL

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, 3ds: get.

Now, as far as all the new super HD consoles like the X360, PS3, Wii, etc. It all depends on if you really NEED a home console right now.

If you've already got a home console and you need the camera badly, go for the camera.

If you've already got the camera and need the home console badly, go for it.

I won't be starting any console wars here, so if you pick the home console, get whichever one you want most. They are ALL good consoles with pros and cons.

TheTwoR's

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
ojsinnerz. said:
You can buy a PS3 with that money. Much better investment unless you like Spehs mareens in spehs and a few so-so games.

Ah, there's the thing. When it comes to SONY, I like their Electronics and Appliances and all but just not their gaming. They do have like the best graphics ever but for some reason I find it hard to enjoy.
That's why I didn't put up PS3 in the choices of the poll.
Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
wink.gif

mangaTom said:
ojsinnerz. said:

Is it just me or do I smell something.
unsure.gif

Though I would recommend 360 and 3ds, really a good bundle plus most games are in multi-platform so console-exclusive games are not really that many.

3DS exclusive games, not that many?
unsure.gif

I'm sorry I think I didn't understand you correctly heh-heh.
tongue.gif

But what I did understand is you voted +1 for Xbox360+Kinect+Kinect adventures and +1 for 3DS .
wink.gif

QUOTE(h0ser81 @ Oct 29 2010, 05:47 PM) I voted for 3DS and Xbox360. Also how many other holidays are like this in Islam? Sounds like Eid beats the shit out of Christmas. I may have to convert. LoL
2 Eids a year. We get one week of holidays for each Eid. And we get Approx $650 ish each kid for both Eids. Best thing is when siblings combine money. Like my awesome bro. He gave me $120 of his own
smile.gif

I assume in Christmas, people get like $5 toys usually or something? xD I have no idea. Never celebrated Christmas or anything. Also we get I forgot either 2 days or 1 week holiday when it's the prophet's birthday. Oh yeah and we DO get holidays for Christmas and ONE holiday for both Easters.

And now, my parents, spoil me a little. On my birthday I can get something that costs till like MAX $600 . And every school term, they get me whatever I want worth $200 or a little more for my awesome grades. (We have 3 terms in my school ;D )

OK so another +1 for Xbox and 3DS

QUOTE(personuser @ Oct 29 2010, 08:30 PM)
Okay, 3ds: get.

Now, as far as all the new super HD consoles like the X360, PS3, Wii, etc. It all depends on if you really NEED a home console right now.

If you've already got a home console and you need the camera badly, go for the camera.

If you've already got the camera and need the home console badly, go for it.

I won't be starting any console wars here, so if you pick the home console, get whichever one you want most. They are ALL good consoles with pros and cons.

I've got a Wii, but no other awesome home console. I have a PS2, but like they're old.
And I'm not enjoying the Wii that much cause I don't pirate Wii games, I buy them.
And when I wanna buy a game, I usually spend the money on DS games instead.
So yeah, I have like 2-3 good Wii games. And one crappy money-wasting shovelware.
I mainly want the Xbox bundle to play CoD with my friends, and to enjoy Kinect
smile.gif

I do want the Camera, but not for any reason. I don't even know why I want it, I just really do.
I mentioned in the first post on this thread that I have a handycam (non-HD) and that the screen sort of broke.
So all I have left is one of those tiny digital cameras which I HATE.
So yeah this puts me back to the beginning, don't know what to pick.
And you added 1 to 3DS.

EDIT: WOW I'm shocked to see the Xbox 15 and HandyCam 14.
So there is love for HandyCam after all.
tongue.gif

x3Advent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahaha dude for Eid I get nothing! I get friends who get $1000 for Eid, makes me jealous!
Anyway you should get a 3DS it looks really great and that's the next thing on my wishlist. Also you said you wanted a skateboard? You should get one later on, if you're a beginner you could just get a $100 one.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheTwoR's said:
OK fellows
smile.gif

I'm a muslim, and as Muslims every Eid, the youngest generation in a family receives a "Eidiyya" (not an English word, tried to type it in the most suitable way)
Eidiyya's are basically a huge load of cash the uncles, parents, grandparents give to all their grandkids, nephews/nieces/kids whatever.
I've gotten approx $300 Last eid and have a few savings from before. Next Eid is real soon and I wanna buy 2 big things with the money from my savings + both eids.
-Sony HandyCam (Haven't decided exactly which one but it's one of the tiny new HD ones cause my old non HD HandyCam's screen stopped working plus the new HD ones have wireless compatibility with my HD Sony Bravia)
tongue.gif
)
-A bundle of Kinect + Xbox Slim (Guys I know most of you hate Kinect but I am a REALLY big fan of motion games and I look forward to get an xbox to join my CoD friends)

Vote vote vote!
biggrin.gif

You get stuff during Bukhra eid? You lucky bastard.

I'd reccomend getting the 360 now, and start saving up for the 3DS with your left over money.

TheTwoR's

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
x3Advent said:
Ahaha dude for Eid I get nothing! I get friends who get $1000 for Eid, makes me jealous!
Anyway you should get a 3DS it looks really great and that's the next thing on my wishlist. Also you said you wanted a skateboard? You should get one later on, if you're a beginner you could just get a $100 one.

Okay.. Thanks
smile.gif

$100 skateboard? lmao, I find good ones for like $25. Still, thanks though
smile.gif

Yeah the 3DS does look like it just opened up a whole new world of gaming and 3D movies wherever you are
biggrin.gif

BobTheJoeBob said:
QUOTE(TheTwoR's @ Oct 24 2010, 03:28 PM) OK fellows
smile.gif

tongue.gif
)

Vote vote vote!
biggrin.gif

I'd reccomend getting the 360 now, and start saving up for the 3DS with your left over money.

Lol what's "Bukhra" ?
tongue.gif

Yeah that was my initial plan as well.
Then my HandyCam broke, so I made this thread.
OK +1 Xbox and +1 3DS

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheTwoR's said:
x3Advent said:

Okay.. Thanks
smile.gif

$100 skateboard? lmao, I find good ones for like $25. Still, thanks though
smile.gif

Yeah the 3DS does look like it just opened up a whole new world of gaming and 3D movies wherever you are
biggrin.gif

BobTheJoeBob said:
QUOTE(TheTwoR's @ Oct 24 2010, 03:28 PM) OK fellows
smile.gif

tongue.gif
)

Vote vote vote!
biggrin.gif

Lol what's "Bukhra" ?
tongue.gif

Yeah that was my initial plan as well.
Then my HandyCam broke, so I made this thread.
OK +1 Xbox and +1 3DS
It's the eid in which people sacrifice animals. (sheep, cows ets). The one that's coming up now.

TheTwoR's

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
BobTheJoeBob said:
It's the eid in which people sacrifice animals. (sheep, cows ets). The one that's coming up now.

Oh, yeah we call it Adha or something like that.
tongue.gif

WOW, Xbox and HandyCam still tied.

Damn! Picking will be hard.

By the way guys since 3DS is coming out months later, I'm getting one of the other 2, (Xbox or HandyCam) this week.

I can't believe they're tied
ohmy.gif

I think a lot like the forum lol
tongue.gif

We both can't choose. Cam or Xbox?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey