Gaming Help me find a game!

skriblzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right, I want a little help. I know there are games out there that I haven't played for the DS, of course. So I want to list what I love in games and see if anyone can give me suggestions.
What I really love in a game:
-Building a character up
-AT LEAST a new weapon shows whenever I get one
-Skills, a biggy.
-I LOVE sidescrolling platforms, a lot
-Also, what you could read by just those things, I love RPGs.

So, essentially I guess I'm asking for a suggestion on a great RPG and/or fighting sidescroller.
I've gone through many, so any suggestions couldn't hurt.

Thank ya.

Also, English is a plus, but it's not TOO big of a requirement.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
--Fighting game

Jump! Ultimate Star

---RPG---

-Dragon Quest IX (seems to have most of your requirement, well except for the sidescrolling part )
-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle series on the ds( seems to have everything that u want, skills, sidescrolling[kinda] and etc)
-- Those mentioned above
-Probably more, but i have forgotten about them :|

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you like dungeon crawler like games.
Try etrian odyssey 1 & 2 They're old school hardcore rpg's.
If you like a challenging game with lots of gameplay without a story (really
tongue.gif
) this game is a must.

skriblzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played and beaten Soma Bringer. Castelvania has never really stuck on me, sadly. I keep trying to play the games, but I don't know what it is. Etrian is a no go, don't really like FPS RPGs. lol
And I've gone through the FFCCs lol

Buchichu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Give Black Sigil a chance, just make sure to use cheats that a) allow you to avoid random battles and b) increase experience to make up for a).

It it weren't for the random battles this games was actually quite awesome imo.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
skriblzz said:
All right, I want a little help. I know there are games out there that I haven't played for the DS, of course. So I want to list what I love in games and see if anyone can give me suggestions.
-Building a character up
-Skills, a biggy.

So, essentially I guess I'm asking for a suggestion on a great RPG and/or fighting sidescroller.

Thank ya.

Phantasy Star Zero has what you want and Tacticslayer has much more than you want, but with Tacticslayer everything is customizable (skills, weapons, outfits, and items) and you can mix and match clothes to gain skills or use a fixed ensemble to get new skills and any character can equip any skill if you build up the skill meter which requires a character to wear the outfit and use that skill until it's maxed out (there will be a number there in the customization menu in skills, that's how many times you use a skill until it's maxed), once you do that you can move on to another outfit and gain even more, and stats change with the outfits and you can recruit any female that comes your way with 10 slots available for any character that you can find in game. Weapons and outfits are visible in battle and there's a training room so if you get a new weapon, go there and battle and you will see what it all looks like.

You can build up a character however you choose, there is zero English and it is quite easy to get used to if you like Final Fantasy Tactics but if you haven't played those games you'll have problems.

skriblzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
skriblzz said:
-Building a character up
-Skills, a biggy.

Thank ya.

Phantasy Star Zero has what you want and Tacticslayer has much more than you want, but with Tacticslayer everything is customizable (skills, weapons, outfits, and items) and you can mix and match clothes to gain skills or use a fixed ensemble to get new skills and any character can equip any skill if you build up the skill meter which requires a character to wear the outfit and use that skill until it's maxed out (there will be a number there in the customization menu in skills, that's how many times you use a skill until it's maxed), once you do that you can move on to another outfit and gain even more, and stats change with the outfits and you can recruit any female that comes your way with 10 slots available for any character that you can find in game. Weapons and outfits are visible in battle and there's a training room so if you get a new weapon, go there and battle and you will see what it all looks like.

You can build up a character however you choose, there is zero English and it is quite easy to get used to if you like Final Fantasy Tactics but if you haven't played those games you'll have problems.

I forgot to mention that I dislike just about every modern RPG (Things such like Shin Megami Tensei.) Anything by Square-Enix at any point in time I've already beaten. lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: