Hacking Help me change from SXOS.....

burial

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howdy yall!

So Im a current SXOS user but want to switch to another CFW so I can do things like OC. What is the best CFW? Can I use SX dongle with another CFW?

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I believe you can use your SX OS dongle to launch other payloads, and of course it came with a jig, so you should be all set. But you haven't told us all the details of your current setup.

It's probably as easy as downloading the latest Atmosphere - https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases - and copying everything in the zip to your microSD card.

Then download these patches so you can play your NSPs - https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/ - once again throw on microSD card.

If you're already using an emuNAND you'll want to follow a guide for using your SX OS emuNAND in Atmosphere. If not, you'll probably want to find a guide for using emuNAND with Atmosphere, it's very advantageous. Unless your console has already been banned or something.

Then launch Atmosphere by pushing fusee-primary.bin with your dongle.

Reactions: burial

burial

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I believe you can use your SX OS dongle to launch other payloads, and of course it came with a jig, so you should be all set. But you haven't told us all the details of your current setup.

What do you need to know about my current setup?

Do I need to delete the SX files?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
What do you need to know about my current setup?

Do I need to delete the SX files?
You don't need to delete anything, but if you are no longer going to use SX OS, you can delete its files (if you no longer need them).
For launching a custom payload via your dongle, you can use Xecuter's payload launcher, which is supposed to be used with the SX Gear.

xaimaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Howdy yall!

So Im a current SXOS user but want to switch to another CFW so I can do things like OC. What is the best CFW? Can I use SX dongle with another CFW?

The best free CFW so far is Atmosphere. You can use all in one package "Kosmos v13.2.1". Extract all files and copy to root of your microsd card. Inject payload with hekate and choose run cfw.

Having SX OS and Atmosphere on same card not gonna crash the system. So no need to delete anything.

SX Pro Dongle can't be use for other payload, you need to buy another dongle injector.

I think SX OS menu have ability to chainload another payload. You can try by holding vol+ while injecting payload to enter SX OS menu and choose Option. Payload menu should be there. By doing this, you can keep using your dongle to boot hekate from SX OS menu

Last edited by xaimaster,

fragged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX Pro Dongle can't be use for other payload, you need to buy another dongle injector.

I think SX OS menu have ability to chainload another payload. You can try by holding vol+ while injecting payload to enter SX OS menu and choose Option. Payload menu should be there. By doing this, you can keep using your dongle to boot hekate from SX OS menu
You can repack other payloads into a boot.dat that should work with the SX Pro to boot whichever CFW you like. Based off CTCaer's work there is a web tool to do this here: https://sx-boot-dat-creator.herokuapp.com/. This way you can directly boot and not have to mess around with chain loading.

xaimaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You can repack other payloads into a boot.dat that should work with the SX Pro to boot whichever CFW you like. Based off CTCaer's work there is a web tool to do this here: https://sx-boot-dat-creator.herokuapp.com/. This way you can directly boot and not have to mess around with chain loading.

This is the first time I heard about this tool. Someone already test it?

I don't have any dongle, I use Rekado to inject payload from android phone

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Um... you kind of contradicted yourself there. But yes, it can chainload. Read the manual.

This is the first time I heard about this tool. Someone already test it?

I don't have any dongle, I use Rekado to inject payload from android phone
If you don’t have an SX dongle then this tool is of no use to you.
Edit: unless, for no good reason at all, you want to push the SX launcher with your Rekado, just to see if the tool works. But then you’d just be using the SX menu options to launch fusee-primary.bin anyway...

Last edited by urherenow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?