Hacking Help ME! (Again...)

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SO I have a problem... It all started when I installed the latest version of BootNTRSelector (2.11). I booted NTR 3.6. I heard that it has an invert color option so I tried that. It didn't do anything and so I pushed the home button thingy in the top left of the Home Menu and it froze. I tried to reboot VIA the reboot option in NTR 3.6, but it didn't work. I forced shut off the system and turned it back on. I got a exception. I tried to restore a NAND backup and it still gave my the exception. I tried doing a CTRTransfer, but the CTRTransfer I had got corrupted somehow (according to Decrypt9). SO I decided that it was too late for me to try anything so I went to bed. I woke up and turned it on and it booted like normal. I rearranged some folders and games and turned it off. Later I turned it on and now it acts as though it can't find boot.firm. I know that I have boot.firm at the root of my SD. I took the SD out and tried to boot VIA CTRNAND (I have boot.firm in my CTRNAND). Sorry for this long confusing essay... but I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS WRONG! I haven't tried to use NTRBoot yet, so I will do that.

EDIT: SHORTENED VERSION:

Bricked System using NTR 3.6 Invert Color option

Tried to restore backup.... FAILED to fix brick

Tried to do CTRNAND Transfer.... CTRTRANSFER was corrupted (according to Decrypt9)

Checked to see if backup was corrupted... Not corrupted so tried to restore using Decrypt9

I went to sleep

Woke up the next day and the brick was fixed?!?!?

Turned system off

Turned it back on

Can't find boot.firm?!?!

Last edited by MrMcTiller,

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A) Don't double post.
B) What exactly is your issue? You wrote a giant-ass essay with no TL;DR.
My current problem is that it can't find boot.firm. I have replaced it and used a different SD, but no luck. I also took the SD out and tried to boot VIA CTRNAND. BUT NO LUCK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using Luma3DS?

- Copy everything off your SD card. Reformat with FAT32 using SD Memory Card Formatter if the card is bigger than 32GB. Verify with H2testw it is a legitimate card and not a fake in case you recently purchased this card. We need to first eliminate the possibility the issue stems from your card.

- Rebuild your SD card without using your old data (for the time being). Boot into Home Menu so 3DS creates 'Nintendo 3DS' folder. Turn off the system.

- Add a fresh batch of luma files and GodMode9.firm in luma payloads folder. Put your sysNAND backup file somewhere in the SD card (preferably gm9/out folder). Reinsert SD card back into 3DS.

- Turn on 3DS and hold (Select) button. Check in Luma Configuration that (X) Autoboot EmuMAND is selected. Reboot 3DS, hold (Start), and go to GodMode9.

- Find your sysNAND backup file where you put it. Select it and do a (Full) SysNAND restore.

- If everything checks out, put your old backed up 3DS stuff you set aside early onto the SD card again. If everything doesn't check out, report back to us.

My current problem is that it can't find boot.firm. I have replaced it and used a different SD, but no luck. I also took the SD out and tried to boot VIA CTRNAND. BUT NO LUCK

I just read this after posting my above text. Disregard whatever I wrote there. Are you sure you cannot at all boot into SafeB9SInstaller using the (power) + (start) + (select) + (x)? Can you try again with a bigger magnet?

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using Luma3DS?

- Copy everything off your SD card. Reformat with FAT32 using SD Memory Card Formatter if the card is bigger than 32GB. Verify with H2testw it is a legitimate card and not a fake in case you recently purchased this card. We need to first eliminate the possibility the issue stems from your card.

- Rebuild your SD card without using your old data (for the time being). Boot into Home Menu so 3DS creates 'Nintendo 3DS' folder. Turn off the system.

- Add a fresh batch of luma files and GodMode9.firm in luma payloads folder. Put your sysNAND backup file somewhere in the SD card (preferably gm9/out folder). Reinsert SD card back into 3DS.

- Turn on 3DS and hold (Select) button. Check in Luma Configuration that (X) Autoboot EmuMAND is selected. Reboot 3DS, hold (Start), and go to GodMode9.

- Find your sysNAND backup file where you put it. Select it and do a (Full) SysNAND restore.

- If everything checks out, put your old backed up 3DS stuff you set aside early onto the SD card again. If everything doesn't check out, report back to us.

I just read this after posting my above text. Disregard whatever I wrote there. Are you sure you cannot at all boot into SafeB9SInstaller using the (power) + (start) + (select) + (x)? Can you try again with a bigger magnet?
I can't find a magnet....... I will have to wait until I get home.

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I FIXED IT!!! Some weird shit was happening. I finally decided to try to unplug and replug in the microSD reader thing. That worked, but I was getting Luma exceptions when booting. I started to spam turning on the power and pushing random buttons and then it went back to the can't find boot.firm thing. I unplugged the D-Pad and plugged it back in and the 3ds started to work perfectly fine. I DON'T KNOW WHY.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: