Hacking Help! MCtool.nds messed up my microsd!

dann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking around for a translation of the "Check Disk for NDS" program included in Sakura, I found a similar program called "MCtool" (version 0.16). When I ran this on my m3ds real (the file was prepatched for m3 sd, but m3real autopatches), I pressed A to sort my stuff alphabetically. It said something to the effect of "sorting" for about five minutes, then made awful buzzing and popping noises. When I tried to reboot my DS, my card alerted me that it could not find the system files. I plugged my card into my computer, and all of my folders but one had become locked, formatless/extensionless files equal in size. Strangely, my NDS folder was missing and an iconless file named "." exists, but it disappears if clicked on, reappearing when the folder is next entered. The amount of total data on my microsd hasn't changed, so I am desperately hoping for a way to retrieve my lost data. Has anyone experienced this problem or know of any possible solutions?
hate2.gif

matrix121391

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if the files will be retrievable, but I'm no good at tech stuff. The best and probably the worst suggestion I could make is to reformat the SD card. That's almost similar to what happened to me. I downloaded a file and booted it up, only to find that it deleted my system folder and left some kind of undeletable files on my SD card. Luckily, a majority of my game files remained unharmed (some .sav files became corrupt) and I was able to transfer all my data onto my desktop and reformat my card. It taught me a valuable lesson to always back up my files.

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You really should have backed up your files before screwing around with them. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to recover your files if you haven't rewritten over any of it.

dann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nicky041192 said:
faulty card reader maybe? some are knwn to corrupt cards

It couldn't of been my reader as it was corrupted when I rebooted my DS...

BTW, can you tell me more about HandyRestore? Is that available for Mac, or do I need to borrow a Windows machine?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, not that bad ig