Hacking Help Making MMS For PSP 1001

How easy was this to read and understand?

• Hard - (Like Wood (Depending on the kind)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thing is, you were supposed to create your Magic Stick before the brick occured - it's an extra lifeline and were you installing it over the PSP, it'd probably work by now.

The weakest link is your adapter - all those programs were made with the PSP's USB Mode and Windows XP in mind - you have neither. Is it perhaps possible that you could use a Windows XP computer or an XP virtual box? That would enable you to use the recommended MSPD formatting utility.

Labatryth

Christian Fantasy Writer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.labatryth.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
This has worked before with my old 2GB, AFTER my PSP was bricked the first time when I was exploring its capabilities. So I should be able to get this thing up and running again easily. I'm really wondering if the Mark2 stick is causing the problem. Do I need a plain 1 GB or 2GB? Do I need to fully charge my battery or something?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Remember, Rain's sticks are booted with the L-Trigger. Insert the stick first, hold down the button firmly, finally insert the battery into the system and wait for the Time Machine to pop up. Give it some time.

If that fails, did you try cincin's pack yet? Make *triple-sure* that the two hidden files are copied over, if necessary, replace the ones that are already there.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I see. Well, technically you could ask a U.S-based member to make the stick for you. Again, try out the same procedure on Windows XP mspermat should work fine on it, you can run a virtual box of it. 72-in-1 sounds Chinese.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Virtualbox is a virtualization program for operating systems. Think of it as an emulator for Windows (and Linux and such), so you can run a second copy of Windows or something on your machine.

If you happen to be located near Virginia Beach I could let you borrow my stick/tools and see if they work (I've got a 2GB MMS I keep around for emergencies and wiping other people's PSPs), but other than that you might have to try to find somebody else around you with different hardware to test with.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm pretty stumped at this point, to be honest - the PSP powers up, so clearly the battery does its job and the system is in service mode. Time Machine should work regardless of circumstances, I'm out of ideas other than "he'll have to format the stick with mspformat" and for that, he'll need Windows XP, as it doesn't work on Vista+ systems. Alternatively, his reader goes bonkers on him...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone