Hacking [Help] Luma3DS/GodMode9 won't boot; Start + Power turns on blue power light, then light goes off.

Yonderfork

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I've got a New 3DS XL (Sys 11.10.0-43U), and I was trying to install homebrew/CFW/whatnot on it. I was following 3ds.hacks.guide for Seedminer + Fredtool, and everything was working, right up until Section VI of part 5 (3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup).

It says to Launch GodMode9 by holding (Start) during boot. When I hold start during boot, the power light fades on, and then cuts off, and the system doesn't power on. I tried using the Luma3DS updater, but that didn't help.

All of the software I used was the latest versions, as linked by 3ds.hacks.guide. I have no clue what to do, I'm totally new to 3DS hacking (god i wish it was as easy as the wii). Help!

Yonderfork

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Alright, it just sort of started working. I am kind of curious as to why that was happening in the first place, though.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some systems with IPS screens particularly, Luma3DS v9.1 and v10.0.1 doesn't work with GodMode9 v1.8.0 unless you have a second FIRM payload at:

Example of have two FIRMs,
  • sdmc:/luma/payloads/GodMode9.firm
  • smdc:/luma/payloads/SafeB9SInstaller.firm
Same thing occurs on the CTRNAND partition,
  • [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/rw/luma/payloads/GodMode9.firm

See Github bug report:

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F