Help, is it possible to edit save games on SD cards from eshop games

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by NightTimeNoctis, Mar 25, 2015.

1. NightTimeNoctis
    OP

NightTimeNoctis Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2015
    United States
    Hutchinson, Minnesota
    i found a thread on a fantasy life save editor. i dont know much about 3ds save and hacking. but ive heard i need a flash cart of sorts to do such things. what im wondering is if its final, or if there is a way to actually edit my save games off my sd card without a flashcart. i couldnt find the fsd files for any of my games. i imagine that the files are encrypted or hidden or somthing? i really hope there is a way or is there any ways for someone to give me their save data. i just want unlimited resources of every kind so i can lvl up my skills and stuff. i saw a post saying that action replay power saves can us sd cards all you need is a slot or a adapter for a sd card. i have power saves and havent tried but im guessing that doesnt work, sense this person didnt respond when someone asked them to backup their previous statement.

I really hope their is a way. and i mean absolutely any way no matter how hard.

thanks for the help

2. pokemoner2500

pokemoner2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    First of all what FW? Second you need a GW or MT card to extract SD saves that can be edited, otherwise they can't be. (Saves are in the app folder in a sub folder of the app.)

3. narutonic

narutonic GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2015
    France
    We can't backup the sav file ? (For exemple if we do a format system or change emunand can we just put the previous backup file to the folder of the game ?)

I have a 4.5 3DS with a 9.2 emunand.

4. pokemoner2500

pokemoner2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States

5. narutonic

narutonic GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2015
    France
    Thanks for the answer , i will backup my AS save !

6. NightTimeNoctis
    OP

NightTimeNoctis Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2015
    United States
    Hutchinson, Minnesota
    so their is no way for me to do such things without a flashcart then? also my firmware is 9.5 24 i think

7. Christian Rosado

Christian Rosado GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    So if I manage to extract .sav with sky3ds, can I edit the sav to get items and stuff???