Hacking help installing updated shop channel?

chadders

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Right guys, ive waded through the forums and read a number of different post about this and my head is still burnt out.

I've just got GH: WT and was gunna look at what DLC content was available and need to install the new shop channel update. Ive got a pal wii running 3.2e, a wiikey v1 installed fully updated, Ive got tonas file IOS51 and shop installer and the HBC channel installed.

Am i right in thinking i need to unzip the file into a folder in the apps folder on the sd card and run the .dol file through the HBC.

What is this goin to install, i know it will install the new shop channel but do i need to install IOS51 for this to work.

If so what will the IOS51 change, i dont really understand what these IOS things are??

I know i need to turn on my wiiconnect 24 for this but once i have run the .dol file do i then need to do a system update through wii settings to get the new shop channel and how is this affected now 3.4 update is out????

Sorry if this is abit all over the place but my head is up my arse at the min!!

Cheers in advance guys for the help!!

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
well done mate, your on 3.2, stay there, keep your wiiconnect24 on its perfectly safe, Nintendo cant update you when you havent accepted the new tos ok
just don't leave you wii powered on all day long, like some on here, no wonder they experience faults, not surprised...
i fully power mine off soon as iv'e used it.
anyway install both any order!! they just patch them, and your shop is updated
smile.gif
you don't need to worry what exactly does it do, just go & do it, its safe
smile.gif

and the new update for Nintendo channel is available for uk users as well not just go to wiishop when your done and download that as well if wanted well update if you have it*
over & out pedro

whitegoose

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Am i right in thinking i need to unzip the file into a folder in the apps folder on the sd card and run the .dol file through the HBC.

yes, thats exactly what you do.

QUOTE said:
What is this goin to install, i know it will install the new shop channel but do i need to install IOS51 for this to work.

if you have the tona one, it will do both for you. its a 2 part install in one dol. first it installs IOS51, then the new shop channel.

QUOTE said:
If so what will the IOS51 change, i dont really understand what these IOS things are??

with my limited knowledge, ive come to the conclusion the IOS's are sorta like drivers and software updates for your computer.

I know i need to turn on my wiiconnect 24 for this but once i have run the .dol file do i then need to do a system update through wii settings to get the new shop channel and how is this affected now 3.4 update is out????

i dont think you need WC24 on for this at all. no you dont need to do a system update, thats kinda the point of this. if you dont want system menu v3.4, then dont update.

your on the right track.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whitegoose said:
QUOTE said:

with my limited knowledge, ive come to the conclusion the IOS's are sorta like drivers and software updates for your computer.

IOS (Internal Operating System) is....the sysfiles....so yea, you've basically got it.

QUOTE said:

i dont think you need WC24 on for this at all. no you dont need to do a system update, thats kinda the point of this. if you dont want system menu v3.4, then dont update.

your on the right track.

you don't need WC24 on at all.

Beatchu

Trophies
XP
Country
chadders is what we call my business teacher... he's called mr chadwick...

and I think through the game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-