Hacking Help installing incognito on switch

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have the exosphere setting on, but I still prefer to blank my EmuNAND serial number. It's not yet known if the serial is cached before Atmosphere overwrites it - although all signs seem to show that it is working as intended.

I forked Incognito_RCM and applied all of the updates that have been applied to Lockpick_RCM, if anyone is interested.

https://github.com/Scandal-UK/Incognito_RCM/releases

Last edited by scandal_uk,
D

Deleted User

If you're using atmosphere 0.12.0, go grab a copy of exosphere.ini from here, and you can modify the file to either have prodinfo blanking set to 1 for your sysMMC, or emuMMC depending on your configuration. You also have the option to enable cal0 writing and then grab the old incognito nro and run it that way. I personally just use the prodinfo blanking option on my sysMMC and it works great.

Also note, the exosphere.ini file you'd place it in the root of your sd card. Make sure you have atmosphere 0.12.0 for this to work

I am on a MacBook and am finding that this method is not working for me.

I use the TextEdit application to change the exosphere.ini file. After dropping in the ROOT of the SD Card, I launch Hekate and select payload and then launch the fusee-primary. My serial number still appears. Any advice?

Birbb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am on a MacBook and am finding that this method is not working for me.

I use the TextEdit application to change the exosphere.ini file. After dropping in the ROOT of the SD Card, I launch Hekate and select payload and then launch the fusee-primary. My serial number still appears. Any advice?
Right click (or Option click) on the file and open the "Get Info" panel, and uncheck the hide/show extension option (I forgot what it's called,) macOS likes adding .txt to the end of .ini files and hides the extension by default.

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you do want to keep on using Lockpick_RCM I have released v0.6.4 (unofficial) and the fake serial actually shows in the settings this time! I have made a ton of fixes.

MazuNX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
macOS likes adding .txt to the end of .ini files

Thank you! I was lost for hours. This was my problem on Windows.

For everyone else with this issue...

1. Edit "exosphere.ini" in Notepad++
2. Select "Save As..."
3. For "Save as type:" select "MS ini file (*.ini;*inf;*url;*.wer)"

That should allow it to save as "exosphere.ini", instead of "exosphere.ini.txt".

Attachments

• exosphere.png
    exosphere.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 163

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: You infidel.