komarto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi,

I have tried every possible way to install bf hardline on my rgh trinity bu i always get fatal crash intercepted.

Here is what i tried:
extracting both isos to xex
Both isos to GOD
Disc 2 to xex and disk 1 to GOD

Saw a couple of youtube videos on how to merge the content folder after extracting bit same fatal crash.

Is there some magic way to run this on rgh?

Thanks.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have the game, but normally a game of the year or possibly a 2 disc game has a content folder. there's a content folder on the internal hdd. that's where that goes. it doesn't need to be ran through yaris or content manager as the profile and device ids are already fixed, since it's a disc install.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, fatal crash intercepted is related to dash launch. there's two options in there, one is to freeze the system, the second is to reboot it. I think it's called fatalfreeze and fatalreboot. you obviously have it on reboot I believe, which is the way I have mine setup. that's the better one.

is that the full name of the game? I could try it on my jtag to see if that error occurs. afaik, that error only occurs due to a game crash when first loading the game. I'll need to download it from somewhere. I'll also probably ftp it wirelessly so I don't have to get out my mammoth ethernet cable, which I mostly use for the ps3 (on the other side of the room).

komarto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi, thanks for the reply, it indeed have a content folder which i tried to copy from dvd ¹ to the Xbox content folder but still crashing

I sent you a pm

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, I don't know how long this will take, but probably a few hours. I'll use exiso to make it a jtag rip first, then try iso2god. I think there was one game that I can think of (a fps) that required disc 2 be installed first. the content folder contained higher res textures from what I recall. I'll copy and paste it. you don't have to "install" it, just copy and paste.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, I'll transfer that over first. I have about an hour for the torrent to finish.

I just remembered, my games are on an external hdd. I'll ftp the content folder, then put the game on the external hdd. it will go faster than I had thought.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it to work, no issues:

20200922_180934_HDR.jpg

I'm using a jtag rip from exiso-gui, which is what I always use, but first I transferred the content folder to hdd0. I used yaris swap as I noticed that the device id was not all 0s for either dlc. there's two dlc, each with a different device id for some reason. I don't know if this makes a difference as I thought all were 0'd out anyway, since it's transferring to an unknown device if you were a legit user.

Reactions: komarto

komarto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Thank you, i am not familiar with those tools
Can you elaborate abit about the process and paths and what files you copied where.

And again thank you for your time

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's exiso-GUI and here's yaris swap:

use exiso-GUI to make both discs jtag rips, use yaris swap to 0 out device id, then transfer over the content folder to hdd0, and place the game on the hdd with your games. it should work now. you do not need anything special with yaris swap like your xuid. the xuid is only for avatar dlc. I've erased mine and the ftp link from yaris, so you can freely put yours in there if you want to use avatar dlc. also, exiso-GUI can batch extract, so you can do both discs at the same time.

let me know if you need any help with either program. btw, I let my system scan for new content, but you can go into file manager and select the default.xex within the hardline game folder to try the game quickly. this is what I sometimes do, so I don't have to wait for the database to be fully read.

Attachments

• exiso-GUI.zip
    849.4 KB · Views: 269
  • Yaris Swap.zip
    42 KB · Views: 278

komarto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi,

Thanks for the info, but after doing as you instructed i still get a crash.

It says content is corrupted.

The only thing i did not understand is xuid part.

I also get to the splash screen but when i press start it crashes. Dod you get ingame?

Attachments

• IMG_20200923_174130.jpg
    IMG_20200923_174130.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 380
  • IMG_20200923_174122.jpg
    IMG_20200923_174122.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 368

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one moment. let me see if it crashes when I hit start (didn't test that).

20200923_115605_HDR.jpg

no issues. I was able to start the game without error. what dash version are you on and dash launch?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can get dash version and FSD/possibly Aurora from the coders section in the hacked dash. I'm using freestyle dash 2, and I'm on the latest dash (17559). you can see the dashlaunch version by opening dashlaunch. I don't know if there's any other way. not sure which dashlaunch I'm on, but they always make a new one with each dash update, because it also has to be updated. thus, I'm on the latest as well.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure then. maybe try filezilla again and have "if file exists" override if size is different. see if it transfers or skips the files.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait a minute. looking at your photos again, are you trying to install the first disc? I didn't do that. I just yaris swapped the content folder, then copies it over to the content folder of the internal hdd (you can do that). use exiso-gui to make a jtag rip of the first disc if you want to copy it. there may be something wrong with the installation part of the disc, but I dunno.

about xuid, that is only for avatar stuff. iirc, you can get the xuid from your profile file. I believe it's the last several numbers of a long number (trying to remember as it's been years). I used that to give my avatar dual light sabers like this:

20200805_232109_HDR.jpg

komarto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi,
I finally got it to work, i copied the content to the content folder, and applied the title update, and launched the game
from the 2nd disc, and it worked!

The same problem I had with hardline I had with bf4 and bf3, Did the same process for all and now they work.

Man, I really appreciate your help and guidance .

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I finally got it to work, i copied the content to the content folder, and applied the title update, and launched the game
from the 2nd disc, and it worked!

The same problem I had with hardline I had with bf4 and bf3, Did the same process for all and now they work.

Man, I really appreciate your help and guidance .

yw. I didn't apply the title update and it still worked. I'm assuming a title update isn't really needed since it's content on the disc already. might be a problem for someone without the internet. fyi, updates now go in the 000B00000 folder I believe inside of the content folder. they used to go in the cache folder. you can tell the difference or which goes in which, because long file names go in the cache; short go in the 000B00000 folder most, if not all, later games have short update names.

if you installed the update through FSD/Aurora, I think the title update is part of database. if you enable html, then type in the ip address of your 360 in a computer's address bar, you can access the database (including hidden folders and games in case you hide disc 2+).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey