Help installing A9LH?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Cameron Lee, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Cameron Lee
    OP

Cameron Lee Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2016
    Sooo I've got 2.1.0 on my 3ds and all of the right files, but whenever I put the url (http://2xrsa.3ds.guide) the screen only glitches for less than a second and then just crashes on the internet browser. Could someone please help?

Images of all of my folders, just in case somethings wrong;

http://imgur.com/a/aVdNe

Also, I have a n3ds xl 11.2.

Thanks in advance!

2. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    Quoted straight from the guide:

If you already tried this then it's another matter but since you didn't say ..

spookysalad likes this.
  3. spookysalad

spookysalad Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2017
    United States
    Take a look at the troubleshooting section of 3ds.guide That will probably have what you are looking for 99% of the time.

4. Cameron Lee
    OP

Cameron Lee Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2016
    I have done this multiple times, with no luck. Also, the troubleshooting guide doesnt have a solution to this.

5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure

6. Cameron Lee
    OP

Cameron Lee Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2016
    It
    It doesn't show a glitched screen, it glitches for second and then returns to normal, as well as crash.

7. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    Just to confirm you are on 2.1 right? Because later in the post you said you have N3DS XL at 11.2 .. well, it's not at 11.2 if you're at 2.1. Semantics I know, but wouldn't be the first time someone's tried to install A9LH on 11.2 or thelike and wonder why it doesn't work.

8. Cameron Lee
    OP

Cameron Lee Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2016
    Yeah, I'm at 2.1 at the moment.

9. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Try redownloading all of the files again
    What is the error it gives?

10. mario-lucis-caelum

mario-lucis-caelum GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2016
    He probably meant that he was at 11.2 before he started the guide.

11. Cameron Lee
    OP

Cameron Lee Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2016
    It doesn't give an error, it just crashes on the internet browser. I will retry downloading the files, though.

12. imRed

imRed Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2016
    Netherlands
    Redownload the files in this/previous section and put them back on the SD, in particulair arm11.bin.

Edit: autocorrect

13. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Did you try this?

14. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    Yeh I was about to post that one of the files could be corrupted. Have you checked your SD card with h2testw before you started as the guide tells you? Just in case the SD card is faulty here. You could also try the alternative A9LH url for installation .. well, there's multiple of them I believe but http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin should still work.. I don't know/remember the others. I don't know why changing the url could really do anything but it can't hurt to try, at least.

He said he tried it multiple times in a post above.

Last edited by Distrance, Feb 14, 2017
  15. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Bullet Hell
    Make sure wifi is on on the console, and that your wifi connection is configured properly.
    I had a similar issue at the same point in the install, but remembered I'd 'blocked' all my connection settings in my old sysnand :shy:

16. Cameron Lee
    OP

Cameron Lee Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2016
    I have checked the SD Card with F3X, and no problem there. I have seen that in the Luma3DS.7z file the guide provides, it does not give a arm9loaderhax.bin, so I am wondering if I might have the wrong .bin file?

17. Meliodas2255

Meliodas2255 common sense guy

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    check if luma has been installed by turning off your 3ds and holding select. if not erase the arm11.bin in your root folder and clear the cache and try again.

18. imRed

imRed Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2016
    Netherlands
    Im pretty sure there should be an arm9loaderhax.bin file.. Go take another look, and follow all the steps, including replacing the arm9loaderhax.bin with the luma one.

19. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    Hm? I just downloaded to check and Luma3DSv6.6.7 has armloader9hax.bin in the root of the zip file. Although I'm not sure if you even need that file for installing A9LH.

He's not installed A9LH so Luma cannot be installed. How could he have A9LH installed without any user interaction when the browser crashes when he tries to load arm11.bin? And technically Luma doesn't even require installing .. It's loaded from the arm9loaderhax.bin file on boot, but that cannot happen when he doesn't have A9LH installed.

Last edited by Distrance, Feb 14, 2017
    imRed likes this.
  20. Cameron Lee
    OP

Cameron Lee Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2016
    There is no arm9loaderhax.bin in the .7z for me, even in the v6.6 folder.

Attached Files: