Homebrew Help installing A9LH?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
There is no arm9loaderhax.bin in the .7z for me, even in the v6.6 folder.

I'm very confused what that screen shot is supposed to display, because the contents of Luma3DSv6.6 file are as follows:

luma.png

Reactions: Meliodas2255

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
That is the one I downloaded, but it gave me something completely different? I'm confused.

You did open the file right? And extract it ..? I don't know how the OS works that you're using but it's clearly not windows. But that isn't the first .7z file in the guide so that doesn't seem likely.

Cameron Lee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You did open the file right? And extract it ..? I don't know how the OS works that you're using but it's clearly not windows. But that isn't the first .7z file in the guide so that doesn't seem likely.
I extracted it, and it just came up with the files that you saw in the screenshot.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I extracted it, and it just came up with the files that you saw in the screenshot.

I really don't understand how and what you're doing, the only chance is that you're doing something wrong because none of the files in the github page have any of the files you're showing. Or rather, the files you want to see are supposed to be inside the Luma3DSv6.6 folder. But, I took the libery of extracting the file you want and uploading it to my google drive.. surely you can obtain it this way? Though I don't know why doing this would fix installing A9LH but anyway .. here.

Reactions: Meliodas2255

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use a different program to open the zip file. Your problem seems to be that you're not connected to the internet. Take out the battery of your DS and put it back in to turn WiFi on in 2.1. Then power cycle your router, clear the cache, redownload the files, and put fresh ones on your SD card before trying again.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Use a different program to open the zip file. Your problem seems to be that you're not connected to the internet. Take out the battery of your DS and put it back in to turn WiFi on in 2.1. Then power cycle your router, clear the cache, redownload the files, and put fresh ones on your SD card before trying again.

Sorry but how do you explain that he's obtained all of the files in the guide just fine by extracting with whatever he's using, but cannot extract the arm9loaderhax.bin file from Luma3DS? That doesn't make any sense. Why would his program affect only that zip file and only that file?

Also just out of curiosity how do you know that he's not connected to the internet? Why would the browser crash if you're offline? Why would the screen glitch for a moment prior to the crash indicating that he actually did connect to the site, and the site did indeed load arm11.bin just prior to crashing. None of that would happen if he was offline. I honestly don't know so if there's a logical explanation I'd like to hear it.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry but how do you explain that he's obtained all of the files in the guide just fine by extracting with whatever he's using, but cannot extract the arm9loaderhax.bin file from Luma3DS? That doesn't make any sense. Why would his program affect only that zip file and only that file?

Also just out of curiosity how do you know that he's not connected to the internet? Why would the browser crash if you're offline? I honestly don't know so if there's a logical explanation I'd like to hear it.
Um because different zips, contain different files and are zipped different ways? Besides it's a standard troubleshooting step, if one thing isn't working try something else. That's common sense. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, is idiotic and the reason experiments have variables etc. He could be using a really old version of winrar or 7Z that doesn't handle all the files correctly.

And I don't know for a fact, but that's what it seems like to me. It's crashing the program after trying to load the .dat file through the internet. It's called troubleshooting. Why are you so combative?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Um because different zips, contain different files and are zipped different ways? Besides it's a standard troubleshooting step, if one thing isn't working try something else. That's common sense. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, is idiotic and the reason experiments have variables etc. He could be using a really old version of winrar or 7Z that doesn't handle all the files correctly.

And I don't know for a fact, but that's what it seems like to me. It's crashing the program after trying to load the .dat file through the internet. It's called troubleshooting. Why are you so combative?

I'm not. I honestly wanted to know why you think being offline is the reason here given the way his 3DS behaves, and the way you formatted your post made it seem like it's guaranteed to be the cause of his problems. If you had a logical reason for thinking that it must be the cause then I'd make sure to remember it so I can remember in the future when someone else possibly has the same issue. You might still be right - and lets hope you are, since I'm more or less out of options anyway.

As far as the programs go, he's not even using Windows so I don't know what he's using. WinRAR for Linux and OSX is command line only so I find that it's unlikely he's using that. I don't know which OS he's using but based on his screenshot it's either Linux or OSX .. as I've not used either I don't know for certain.

As far as the arm9loaderhax.bin goes I provided it above so he should've been able to obtain it, but to my understanding installing A9LH does not require this file though, so it cannot be the cause of his actual problem. If I'm mistaken please do correct me.

Sorry if I seemed "combatative" but it was not my intention, honestly.

Last edited by Distrance,
Reactions: Xiphiidae

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not. I honestly wanted to know why you think being offline is the reason here given the way his 3DS behaves, and the way you formatted your post made it seem like it's guaranteed to be the cause of his problems. If you had a logical reason for thinking that it must be the cause then I'd make sure to remember it so I can remember in the future when someone else possibly has the same issue. You might still be right - and lets hope you are, since I'm more or less out of options anyway.

As far as the programs go, he's not even using Windows so I don't know what he's using. WinRAR for Linux and OSX is command line only so I find that it's unlikely he's using that. I don't know which OS he's using but based on his screenshot it's either Linux or OSX .. as I've not used either I don't know for certain.

As far as the arm9loaderhax.bin goes I provided it above so he should've been able to obtain it, but to my understanding installing A9LH does not require this file though, so it cannot be the cause of his actual problem. If I'm mistaken please do correct me.

Sorry if I seemed "combatative" but it was not my intention, honestly.
Well windows isn't the only OS in existence, not to mention it's not as user friendly as Ubantu for example. And anyway the process of troubleshooting is hit and miss, that's it's nature. I looked at the thread and observed what was going on, what he's tried and the nature of the exploit. Process of elimination determines it's either his Wi-Fi not on, a problem with the file, or a problem with his DS itself. So you go down the line and do one after the other to eradicate the next as the potential problem. You don't have to know what fixes what for a fact to use common sense and troubleshoot.

Take my advice, when you hear hoofbeats in the park, don't think zebra. By that I mean, the solution is most often the simplest explanation.

Reactions: duwen and Distrance

imRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The file is there.. Somehow you are doing something wrong.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170214-185220.png
    Screenshot_20170214-185220.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 86

Cameron Lee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OP is using a mac by the way that the folders look. It is possible that whatever program he used was not extracting the files correctly. He mentions that he got it working so we'll see if that helps.
I changed the program, and got the files necessary. Also FYI, I'm using OSX, sorry for not mentioning it. The issue is still there, though.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
...Process of elimination determines it's either his Wi-Fi not on, a problem with the file, or a problem with his DS itself. So you go down the line and do one after the other to eradicate the next as the potential problem...
...I mentioned wifi on the first page of the thread and was seemingly ignored :sleep:

@OP: Verify your wifi settings on your console. You may need to remove the battery to reset wifi if it was turned off prior to fw downgrade.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1