Hacking Help! I'm not a newb, jut having an issue!

dimmujed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 4.2u modified wii, with the homebrew channel installed, and have tried cIOS 13b and 16. NeoGamma won't work at all with 16, on 13 it loads Wii Music and gives a disc read error on everything else. Soft Chip does the same thing on both cIOS.

I need help! The two games I need to work specifically are Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and New Super Mario Bros Wii. The rest I can live w/o.

Thanks in advance!

samethernet

Trophies
XP
Country
there is only 2 dual layer games anyway, one is SSBB dvd9, ssbb has also got a dvd5 version which works with rev14 and i cant remember the other dual layer game

Mr_Boo_Berry

Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can find the modified NeoGamma R8 beta 15 with the Sam & Max fix disabled which works with rev 15 in the NeoGamma R8 beta topic. That's what I personally use right now and everything works fine.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dialexio said:
NeoGamma will not work on rev15. rev16 is quite broken, too.

rev14 (download link) is recommended for practically everything except dual-layered games. Dual-layered games should use rev13 (download link). I am NOT talking about rev13b.

Or you could do it the right/easy way and have hermes 222 installed for dual layer and Rockband etc.
tongue.gif

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You could go with that route. Note that only certain loaders can use Hermes's cIOS, such as Configurable USB Loader. NeoGamma is not one of them.

dimmujed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on 13a, newest neogamma, getting dvd read error (1048) with a game that works fine on my other wii (chipped w/ wiikey)

dimmujed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
What are the results with rev14?

The same. The only thing I've gotten this to load is Wii Music off a dynex dvd+r. I know all my games work as they work fine on my other wii. The serial of this wii starts with lu54

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not a trucha problem if you have successfully installed cios249 and hermes 222. They won't install without a vulnerable ios36.

Have you got a hd you could try USB loading with? Then it would narrow the problem down to the DVD drive. If it's a used Wii, which it sounds like it may be with a LU54 serial number, the drive might be shot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of... +1