Help, i'm an idiot and i don't understand

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Atmo installed properly, no issues running that. as soon as I try to open EdiZon, I get the grey screen of death with error code 2168-0002. I've tried to scan the forums here and I've tried changing from EdiZon-SE to a snapshot version I read worked for someone, but most of the conversations are way too technical for me.

Admittedly, I'm a dang fool and I need help. Me dumb, me want cheat cheat...

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Take out your SD Card and do a chkdsk on it. Sounds like corruption, like I had.

EDIT: also you should delete your atmosphere folder and copy a new downloaded over to make sure it isn't old junk laying around

Reactions: impeeza
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try that in a few minutes. I'll let you know how it goes. Subsequently, I WAS running SXOS, but support for that hasn't existed for a while, so I switched over to Atmo. Maybe that messed something up.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't ever get emunand to work, so I would always run sysnand I believe. Furthermore, no corrupt files were located from the chkdsk and I had previously deleted the SXOS folder, so that hasn't been there for a while.

I'm running a windows partition on my MacBook and using that to inject my payload for atmo. I'm going to try to get screenshots of how my SD card is set up, because I have a feeling there's something there that's messing everything up, I just don't know what

EDIT: attached is a screenshot of the base folder of my sd card. I'll navigate wherever you all tell me to

Second Edit: tried using a fresh atmo folder, but still causes edizon to crash the switch when I try to open it. I also don't know if I'm supposed to open it or just use the overlay, but I don't even know HOW to use the overlay.

Attachments

• Base Folder.PNG
    Base Folder.PNG
    78.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited by genericusernameimtoohigh2,

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I couldn't ever get emunand to work, so I would always run sysnand I believe. Furthermore, no corrupt files were located from the chkdsk and I had previously deleted the SXOS folder, so that hasn't been there for a while.

I'm running a windows partition on my MacBook and using that to inject my payload for atmo. I'm going to try to get screenshots of how my SD card is set up, because I have a feeling there's something there that's messing everything up, I just don't know what

EDIT: attached is a screenshot of the base folder of my sd card. I'll navigate wherever you all tell me to

Second Edit: tried using a fresh atmo folder, but still causes edizon to crash the switch when I try to open it. I also don't know if I'm supposed to open it or just use the overlay, but I don't even know HOW to use the overlay.

for overlay, you need tesla loader, tesla menu, and edizon loader. it requires L + D pad down + Right Joycon In to bring up the overlay

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Oh wait you try to open old Edizon? It's EOF. Try using "Breeze" instead.

https://github.com/tomvita/Breeze-Beta

EDIT: To Clarify something happened with Atmos I think it update with FW 14.X they need to change how somethings behaved and I think Edizon and Edizon-SE stopped working. Then they've gotten replaced full by Breeze for searching for cheats and Edizon - Tesla Menu works fine!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, I've downloaded breeze again (had it before, but caused the same crash) but now I can't seem to create an applet for it. Is there an NRO file I'm missing in there somewhere? also doing tesla and its subsequent requirements, so will advise soon on that

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Man something is way off with your system. How about backing the SD Card up and format to start a new?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man something is way off with your system. How about backing the SD Card up and format to start a new?
That's what i was thinking, but I'm trying to think of HOW to do that without losing any save data. I would just back up all the saves to the system itself, format the SD card, then start over like that?

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
you can use JKSV, but they should be safe if you don't format your system. Since why would you? It's just something wack with the SD imho.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get that! Sounds just so strange that's all. I thought maybe it was a broken atmosphere and then it's to delete the atmo folder and copy the latest from the github. But apparently not..
regrettably it's not...and now I've gone and done f****d up. went to prep for the format, damn dog barked right behind me and scared me, formatted without backing up the JKSV file...thankfully the game I'm trying to do this for (three hopes) I wasn't too far into. The other games were effectively all clear saves

edit: I'm going to let my switch download the games again, then try to set this SD card up correctly. Super bummed out about this right now haha

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit: I'm going to let my switch download the games again, then try to set this SD card up correctly. Super bummed out about this right now haha
Personally, try to get a 16GB MSD for test purposes. Next, find a small game (under 500MB). Then, transfer that game from SD to sys nand.
After that, when your new SD is able to boot, transfer the game from sys to the new SD (for title override).
Once you can boot into edizon/breeze and have cheats, you should backup your old SD, minus the "Nintendo" folder, transfer whatever else you want.

There's also this guy:
2168-0002

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You mention Mac. Have you run the Fix Archive Bit process in Hekate?

19B5CA9E-4FE8-4FB3-B802-CA9946FF62D3.jpeg

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
There's also this guy:
2168-0002
2168-0002 is just a segfault error. Most likely happening with Edizon because it's using outdated IPC stuff to communicate with newer system-modules.

regrettably it's not...and now I've gone and done f****d up. went to prep for the format, damn dog barked right behind me and scared me, formatted without backing up the JKSV file...thankfully the game I'm trying to do this for (three hopes) I wasn't too far into. The other games were effectively all clear saves

Depending on the type of format you might still be able to recover the deleted JKSV folder. Try using this to scan the SD Card:
https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva

If you did a full format it will be gone but if you did a quick format it usually just nukes the file table but all the file data is still on the storage drive, you just can't see it because the computer doesn't know where it is without the file table. As long the file data hasn't been written over by new files you should still be able to get it.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Morning everyone!

So, somehow all my saves still exist....thank whatever deity or pantheon helped with that one.

Now I'm trying to rebuild the sd card and I'm failing to load fusee.bin. going to try a few things, so I'll let you all know how it goes D:

Edit: I'm going to soil myself. EdiZon opened. going to test some more to make sure everything is good to go

Last edited by genericusernameimtoohigh2,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I think i'm one too