Hacking Help! I need your Advice.

YigglyPoof

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, here's the thing: I bought a second switch a while back for my hacking purposes, and have been patiently waiting for coldboot atmosphere. However, today I purchased the SX Pro, as it seems atmosphere is taking longer than expected. My legit switch is on 5.1.0, and my hacked switch is on 3.0.0. If I use my SX Pro on my 5.1.0 switch, I have the risk of getting it banned and losing all my eshop purchases/Splatoon 2 progress. If I use my SX Pro on my 3.0.0 switch, I won't care if the online services get banned, but I will barely be able to play any games (SX doesn't have emunand).

Do you think I should update my 3.0.0 console and ruin the chances of having coldboot anytime soon, or should I just wait and take the risk of a ban?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Okay, here's the thing: I bought a second switch a while back for my hacking purposes, and have been patiently waiting for coldboot atmosphere. However, today I purchased the SX Pro, as it seems atmosphere is taking longer than expected. My legit switch is on 5.1.0, and my hacked switch is on 3.0.0. If I use my SX Pro on my 5.1.0 switch, I have the risk of getting it banned and losing all my eshop purchases/Splatoon 2 progress. If I use my SX Pro on my 3.0.0 switch, I won't care if the online services get banned, but I will barely be able to play any games (SX doesn't have emunand).

Do you think I should update my 3.0.0 console and ruin the chances of having coldboot anytime soon, or should I just wait and take the risk of a ban?
I'd wait for Atmosphére.

gabru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

I've bought SX pro. My only switch has fw 4.1.0 and I will just run backups that can run at 4.1.0 while waiting for coldboot solution from atmosphere. If at the end I can't get coldboot, I'll be able to charge payloads of atmosphere from the sx dongle.

Also, my little brother updated his switch to 5.xx, so I could even give the sx to him.

Hope my comment helps you a bit.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are plenty of games that run under 3.0.0 still, so you can enjoy those until Atmosphere or TX release emuNAND support. I'm in the same boat, debating on updating my 3.0.0 console since it will be used with SX, but I'm going to just hold out as long as I can.

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
Asked this question while back, for me I’m keeping 2.3.0 till CFW get released and using SX on my updated FW, I’m only turning WiFi on when I’m on OFW mode

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

use a cart update to 4.1.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: How is everyone?